• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you carry price guides in with you to shows or shops?

33 posts in this topic

i made my own.

I copied the sections from The Redbook of what i collect which is like 10-12 pages and cut off the excess pictures and other info i dont need. then i squeeze and tape it all on one sheet and recopy it - something that folds easy for the back pocket and dont need to carry the 300 page + book

Plus i highlight the coins i get & have on the sheet because one time i bought something i already had ..Ugh .. i hate that !!!! - so problem solved

snomman

When I plan to go somewhere like a coin show or something, I have a 3 ring notebook of all coins. I print out the PCGS value guides of each coin. I just update what is needed before I go. This way if I see something that I'm not familiar with but am interested in, I know the retail price of it anyway.

one dealer told me to leave and not to come back but i think it was partly because i'm 15 screwy.gif

I hate it so much when dealers treat me differently because I'm a kid.

yea that happens to me all the time but i know alot of delaers that actually treat me with respect and relize that i do know a thing or two about numismatics smile.gif

Age descrimination isn't necessarily limited to the young. When I was 18 if I shaved I had people thinking I was 12-14. Now that I'm 20 people are still drastically undershooting my age. I'm not even young enough to deserve it but I'm still treated like a kid. Christo_pull_hair.gif I think the solution to my problem is just to stop shaving. facial hair makes me look older.

I don't presently carry price guides to coin shops, but I've only really been buying more common date Morgans, Peace Dollars and SAEs so I know what to shoot for and I don't need a book. grin.gif