• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liberty Seated Half dollar-grade please

11 posts in this topic

I picked up this half last week, just because of the price. I know that it has been poorly cleaned, but what grade can you help me with utilizing these pics? While my photography sucks, the LIBERTY is entirely visible with the naked eye(that is assuming you have decent vision). Thanks

1877LSH.jpg

Probably worth the $28(including freight) that I paid for it, then. Seller advertised it as AU-ha(by the way AU-ha is a grading term particular only to EBAY-you must use your imagination), which is probably what drove most away from bidding.

Yes they did. Anyone got a taco bell napkin? I thought about soaking it in a rust infested coffee can for a year but decided to pass.

The grade a VG with a less than gentle cleaning. In this grade the cleaning is not that big a deal.

The word "LIBERTY" is a grading point, but if the rest of the coin lacks eye appeal it's not going to get a Fine grade, at least not from us old timers. Back in the day Fine was generally the first grade where one could say the coin was attractive if it was truly worthy of the grade. Anything lower than that could be a bit scruffy and still rate VG or less. In the very low grades scruffy is expected.