• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Spouse tomorrow

92 posts in this topic

I'm not so sure about changing that icon, Greg. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif However, if I do get the coins then I will be happy to supply them to folks who are shut out of the fun. If they look cool in-hand I may even keep examples of each for myself.

You know, I like you guys so I hope that this turns out to be a good investment or collection piece or whatever you have in mind for your coin(s). That said these are the ugliest coins I have seen since the SBAs blush.gifwink.gif

And one more thing, why are people placing an order for Martha proofs, then a new order for Martha mint states, etc? That screws up the order numbers. I ordered all four types at once.

They probably are going to sell them in the sealed boxes.

I broke down...

I bought a martha washington uncirculated. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Why? Are you going to keep it or sell it? I’m so confused right now confused.gif

Do you really think that I would keep that ugly thing? 893whatthe.gif

It looked like it would be a quick sellout and a tidy profit, so I got in. thumbsup2.gif

I wonder when they sold out for real? I placed another order at 3:15pm in case some free up so I can get my maximum, but I get the same message for this order as I got at 12:45pm when I ordered: "Backorder. Available 7/4/07"

Wonder if I even got my first order?

Hope some free up when CC's get declined and over the maximum order are deleted.

In stock and reserved? I ordered at 12:45 and got backordered and will ship on 7/4

I had a similar issue occur when I ordered both of my SAEs Unc and I had placed my order the moment that they became available "On Sale", and after ordering I kept seeing the message for "Available to ship" date keep extending.

I called the Customer Service # and the rep. told me that yes in fact they were backordered but My order was shipping in the next 24-48 hours. My order had not been one of the ones that backordered.

You should call to confirm...

I'm also concerned that I missed the boat. After about 45 minutes of waiting for the US mint website to repsond I eventually got my order in and it told me on my email confirmation that it was on backorder. I assumed that it was just because they hadn't minted the entire 40k before today and the rest would be minted for shipment on 07/04, but now I'm not so sure. I wonder if they sold out in the first 30 minutes.

I wonder when they sold out for real? I placed another order at 3:15pm in case some free up so I can get my maximum, but I get the same message for this order as I got at 12:45pm when I ordered: "Backorder. Available 7/4/07"

Wonder if I even got my first order?

Hope some free up when CC's get declined and over the maximum order are deleted.

Interesting. My order, which went through at 11:53 eastern time, has the status "In stock and reserved". Is it possible the pretty ladies sold out within an hour?... Hmmm.

I also noticed that the First Spouse One-Half Ounce Gold Proof Coins – Four-Coin Set

The United States Mint has made a decision to not make available proof and uncirculated four-coin sets for the First Spouse Program in 2007, thus also eliminating the 2007 subscription program. If you have enrolled in the subscription program, you will be notified by the United States Mint of the cancellation.

I found this out when I selected "Subscriptions"

I also noticed that the First Spouse One-Half Ounce Gold Proof Coins – Four-Coin Set

The United States Mint has made a decision to not make available proof and uncirculated four-coin sets for the First Spouse Program in 2007, thus also eliminating the 2007 subscription program. If you have enrolled in the subscription program, you will be notified by the United States Mint of the cancellation.

I found this out when I selected "Subscriptions"

Yea, I guess I could see the logic in that decision if the Mint were to maintain the "40,000 limit". I assume subscribers get precedence when ordering, which could preclude new people from being able to purchase these products at a later date.

In stock and reserved? I ordered at 12:45 and got backordered and will ship on 7/4

I called the Customer Service # and the rep. told me that yes in fact they were backordered but My order was shipping in the next 24-48 hours. My order had not been one of the ones that backordered.

You should call to confirm...

Scratch the call customer service remark:

The United States Mint cannot provide information on specific customer order status either online or by telephone. If paying by credit card, please be sure your credit card information remains current. If we are not able to fulfill your order, you will be notified that your order was cancelled.

Well I called about my specific order (giving the order number) and told the lady that I was concerned that there could be a problem with my credit card (since it said on hold) and could I give her a second one just in case - because I didn't want to loose my order. She assured me that I would get it shipped soon and my credit card would be charged in the next few days. I asked her what was the reason for the backorder and she said just because of the amount to be charged and the volume of orders that flooded in they wanted to check a few things. Hmmm??? so I'm thinking she's talking about people ordering more than 5 of each? It would be amazing if they screwed HSN and the rest of them.

I do remember trying to order above limits for certain products and it takes a day or so before the order gets declines. I wonder if this will weed out a bunch of orders.

You are capped at 5 per household. The mint may actually cancel both orders if you exceed the household limit. That happened to me with the 20th Anniversary Silver Eagle sets when I ordered 10 sets and another 10 sets later on a different credit card but with the same mailing address - I didnt get any of those. The mint apparently "likes" to cancel orders for any reason they can find.

Jeff

Hi, Everyone

My computer decided to "act-up" this morning, I couldn't get it to boot up, so I did not get my order in until 10:06 PDT, 1:06 EDT, my order is backordered until 7/4/07. grin.gif

The limit of 5 coins of each item per household should have spread these coins around better than it appears has happened. Someone, TV coin sellers- maybe, had a well organized effort to pick-up most of these coins early! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Oh my, I'm starting a conspiracy! tongue.gif

AAJ