• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just found a Rosa America Coin/Token in the uk

11 posts in this topic

Hi all

been out detecting and found this little gem !! yay.gif

As far as i can tell its a 1723 Penny but my book says there are several veriatys so any information would be helpful

its not in bad condition for how long its been in the ground (284 years) the coin was found on the same field as the woods Hibernia i posted some time back. so there could be some more out there 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

the Rev of the coin seems to have some Glue? on it (white bits on the scan)

1849577-sp.jpg

1849577-ra.jpg

i am very happy to add this old america to my collection but i think i will send it to NCS to remove the glue and have it stabalized

1849577-ra.jpg.1a8e6bdd7be4ef2ee51ba164905a8a84.jpg

wow wild 893applaud-thumb.gif

post on pcgs boards so the wnuck arge coin rarities team can tell you the variety from your excellent photos

that is one incredible find cloud9.gif

wow wild 893applaud-thumb.gif

post on pcgs boards so the wnuck arge coin rarities team can tell you the variety from your excellent photos

that is one incredible find cloud9.gif

sorry not registerd on that site frown.gif

Great luck Dooly.

Soak it in olive oil for a few months and then take a toothpick to it and see what it looks like. Good find.