• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey James...What was resolved with the Norweb??

19 posts in this topic

wow! that was the scariest thing ive seen all week!

i have question, r they saying that pcgs switched the coin in question ? if so isnt that theft?

wow! that was the scariest thing ive seen all week!

i have question, r they saying that pcgs switched the coin in question ? if so isnt that theft?

No switch,,,Same coin just repackaged..

What about PCGS's guarantee? Are they calling he Norweb pedigree a "clerical error?" One of the problems is with PCGS's guarantee is that it says that "the PCGS Guarantee does not cover obvious clerical errors, what we call 'mechanical errors.'" I don't think a pedigree can be considered a "mechanical error."

Depending on the size of the claim, and the intestinal fortitude to go forward with such a claim, sounds like a good candidate for ANA arbitration.

Scott hi.gif

What about PCGS's guarantee? Are they calling he Norweb pedigree a "clerical error?" One of the problems is with PCGS's guarantee is that it says that "the PCGS Guarantee does not cover obvious clerical errors, what we call 'mechanical errors.'" I don't think a pedigree can be considered a "mechanical error."

Depending on the size of the claim, and the intestinal fortitude to go forward with such a claim, sounds like a good candidate for ANA arbitration.

Scott hi.gif

I ,Like everyone else, Am still waiting for James to reply...Or for that matter If he can reply.. confused-smiley-013.gif

Maul, it's funny how this often I get this question! I sincerely apologize for the poor answer, but unfortunately, I am contractually obliged to give it as follows: I cannot discuss the resolution of this issue.

Let me also state that it's almost assured that other contractually bound parties will read this thread and my reply, so that's why I have to give it. Please believe that I'm not trying to evade the question. I would love to answer it, but am just not allowed to!

Maul, it's funny how this often I get this question! I sincerely apologize for the poor answer, but unfortunately, I am contractually obliged to give it as follows: I cannot discuss the resolution of this issue.

Let me also state that it's almost assured that other contractually bound parties will read this thread and my reply, so that's why I have to give it. Please believe that I'm not trying to evade the question. I would love to answer it, but am just not allowed to!

Quite Alright and Understandable...

Do I need to delete the OP??

Nope! In a way, threads like this have subtle value!
Well someone gave the post 1 star so maybe dh or rg have already read it 27_laughing.gif

James, I understand that you are not able to speak freely in regards to this issue, but does this inability to speak freely mean that the issue has been settled to whatever end? Just curious.

James, I understand that you are not able to speak freely in regards to this issue, but does this inability to speak freely mean that the issue has been settled to whatever end? Just curious.

What JB said.

The safest way I can answer is to say that, for me personally, there are no open issues regarding the Norweb Hibernia.

Ooh, I wish I could say more but I can't confused-smiley-013.gif (without risking getting in trouble).

That pretty much answered the question, and thank you James for sharing your story with us. This is only one of many of this type of failures of the top TPG that I have read.

Agreed, the very fact that he can't say anything says volumes.

What about PCGS's guarantee?

What about it? (and remember you have to use the guarantee as it was written at the time, not the way it is written now.) At the time the PCGS did NOT guarantee attributions, or pedigrees. (Today they do have at least some guarantee on attributions, and since the Norweb fiasco they have revised their guidelines on application of pedigrees to coins.) It used to be all you had to do to get a pedigree on a coin was to just list it on the submission form (Which was how the Norweb pedigree got on this coin.). Then after this Norweb problem blew up they changed the rules to only putting a pedigree on the coin if it could be positively identified from a plate in the sale catalog, or if it was submitted still sealed in the auction house flip from the sale. Crossovers of pedigreed coins that aren't plated lose their pedigree.

Agreed, the very fact that he can't say anything says volumes.

What about PCGS's guarantee?

What about it? (and remember you have to use the guarantee as it was written at the time, not the way it is written now.) At the time the PCGS did NOT guarantee attributions, or pedigrees. (Today they do have at least some guarantee on attributions, and since the Norweb fiasco they have revised their guidelines on application of pedigrees to coins.) It used to be all you had to do to get a pedigree on a coin was to just list it on the submission form (Which was how the Norweb pedigree got on this coin.). Then after this Norweb problem blew up they changed the rules to only putting a pedigree on the coin if it could be positively identified from a plate in the sale catalog, or if it was submitted still sealed in the auction house flip from the sale. Crossovers of pedigreed coins that aren't plated lose their pedigree.

So it makes sense then that PCGS should have rewarded James and Dennis for the lesson they taught them through the drama of erroneous pedigree attribution, since from this experience, PCGS should have become an even better company...no????

So it makes sense then that PCGS should have rewarded James and Dennis for the lesson they taught them through the drama of erroneous pedigree attribution, since from this experience, PCGS should have become an even better company...no????

Now that's a .....sign-funnypost.gif

devil.gif

Let's just say there was never any "reward", but I'm sure PCGS is a much better company now 27_laughing.gif!

yeah, i'm sure HRH lost sleep over it (is there a pukeing emoticon?). I think they/he are much too arrogant to learn a lesson from any mistake, it is all about "making the market" and raking in as much $$$ as possible.