• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have 3 orders in Quality Controll and.............................

7 posts in this topic

53 coins in the lab at ncs....

Um, congratulations?

OK let me clarify.....Alot of these are proofs that have haze that will keep them at 68 or below.

There are some though that are pieces that will go to my daughter.They are coins that were given to me after Aunts,Uncles ,Great Aunts and Great uncles passed,That sat in cans and drawers and have problems that NCS can deal with and I can get them Encapsolated(??) so that my girl can start looking at and enjoying them.

2 that come to mind are a SL1890 Dime And a 1829 Bust dime.

Niether is a spectacular coin but it was coinage that they got from their parents when they wanted to buy something.

I will be sending in some forign coins that my Father and his Brother got in 2nd WW.Some German that My Great Aunt,Her Great Great Aunt, who was a nurse in Europe had .I didn't Know she participated till after she had passed because she never spoke of it.

My Uncle ,Her Great Uncle Died on a hill beside Mt. Sarabachi when he was setting up his Radar station.It isn't known weither or not he saw the Flag raising but I like to think so.

He had sent his "Funny Money" back to my grandmother and my dad still had it.

None of these are Valuable coins, except to me and hopefully her when she hears about them.

None of these are Valuable coins, except to me

Cool idea to get sentimental coins slab for posterity. I have 3 well worn Liberty Nickels that my mom pulled from circulation when she was young. I think I'll get them slabbed.

None of these are Valuable coins, except to me

Cool idea to get sentimental coins slab for posterity. I have 3 well worn Liberty Nickels that my mom pulled from circulation when she was young. I think I'll get them slabbed.

Seriously. The expense is Minimal and you can pass them right down the line. grin.gif

• Administrator

When I read some of these threads about coins with personal meaning, I think it would be cool to capture these coins in the registry. Not for the points, but because you can share the pictures of the coins, and more importantly the stories of these coins with the ability to store comments on each coin.

I'm not much of a coin collector myself, but I've got a few of them stored away from when I was a kid. What I find most fascinating about the coins I have is actually their wear and tear, rather than their perfection (or lack thereof). I like the idea that the German Mark I have from 1883 might have been spending money for a soldier in WW I, or imagining where the Roman coin that I bought may have travelled in the ancient world. It's just cool.

So for people with coins with personal histories to be able to share the stories rather than just having to imagine where the coin has been and what it has seen is pretty cool I think.

Arch