• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1810 Capped Bust Half, Grade and Overton number revealed.

11 posts in this topic

Hi, Everyone hi.gif

Here is a Capped Bust Half to grade from pictures. Take a close look at this one! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What do you think of this Bustie, grade and/or attribute of the OVERTON NUMBER. Please be my guest! smile.gif

AAJ

1810bho.jpg

1810bhr.jpg

I just bougt a 1810 CBH...............It's in an ANACS holder.

When I get a better camera I will try and get more involved in these forums and post some pictures.

I agree with Mike, VF.

Ray

Looks like a 106. The rim does not look damaged to be a 106a. And I would call it a vf-30.

Hi, Everyone! hi.gif

From jesbroken:

O-106a EF45--Extremely weak strike accounts for most of the wear although still wear is visible.

I agree that this coin has a weak strike.

From MBA101:

Looks like a 106. The rim does not look damaged to be a 106a. And I would call it a vf-30.

I agree with you that this coin is a 106 NOT a 106a because of the reason you gave us. The 106 is a R 4 coin, Very Scarce, 81 to 200 coins! grin.gif

The TPG ANACS graded it XF 40, I agree with most of you who commented on my coin it looks like a VF 30, Thank you all for your nice comments.

I paid a premium for the R 4 rarity but not the grade on the slab, a VF coin rather than a XF coin! smile.gif

AAJ

1810bhanacs.jpg

I make this coin VF 30. It does not look like the rim is damaged enough to call it the O-106a.

It appears the new ANACS was most generous with the XF 40 grade.

Hi, Everyone! hi.gif

From jesbroken:

O-106a EF45--Extremely weak strike accounts for most of the wear although still wear is visible.

I agree that this coin has a weak strike.

From MBA101:

I agree with you that this coin is a 106 NOT a 106a because of the reason you gave us. The 106 is a R 4 coin, Very Scarce, 81 to 200 coins! grin.gif

The TPG ANACS graded it XF 40, I agree with most of you who commented on my coin it looks like a VF 30, Thank you all for your nice comments.

I paid a premium for the R 4 rarity but not the grade on the slab, a VF coin rather than a XF coin! smile.gif

AAJ

1810bhanacs.jpg

good find for an R4

I wouldn't underestimate the strike however as these are notoriously difficult. My 1810 is extremely softly struck if not the poster child for a weak strike.

If you are looking for the Overton, and did not pay crazy money for the coin, it is very nice and I would not worry about the grade at all. These 1810's are extremely difficult to find in decent, uncleaned shape, in ANY overton pairing. My 1810 O-101A NGC 40 cost me over $300 bucks (it as also an ex-ANACS XF-45 that I could have had for a bit less at auction).

I have not seen a decent 1810 in several months, and have only come across a couple all year...