• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

some lincoln grades please

11 posts in this topic

Are those your images, if so, they are really well done!

Do you have the reverses of the two on the bottom, the 21-S & the 39-D

The 1939-D is the only one so far that has given me any type of concern, it just might be the image and not the coin.

The three on top are some high quality examples, but I will let the Lincoln experts assign the grades.

I am sure the 1921s and 1939d have been cleaned, the reason for separating them, I just got them so cheap they will fill the gaps until better coins can be had.

I really like the first three-I bid on 20 odd uncirculated 20's and 30's lincolns and these I won. The uncirculated lincolns are really bidding high for some reason here in mid week. Good time to sell, unfortunately I'm not selling. Thanks to all who commented.

A little late on this one Jim but the top three are nice MS's for sure. I'd say the toning is off on the 21 and 39. Probably AT'd to cover some cleaning.

It's tough to grade MS Lincoln's from images but the '36-D and the '37-S look to be around MS63/64... I think I'm seeing a little rub on Lincoln's cheek for the '37-D so I'll say AU58 here. The 21-S looks to have been dipped and retoning... I can't tell about the '39-D... the color looks off to me..Leo

edited to add: the 21-S looks around XF-AU as does the 39-D (just based upon obverse pics)

I don't want to hurt your feelings, but all three of the top ones look AU to me. The 1937D is certainly AU, no question, and the 1936D is most probably AU. It appears to have a bit of rub, and the high points (his cheekbone) have toned darker. Combined with the fingerprints, and the look of the fields, This is a pretty good sign it is AU. The 37S is open to more question, that may be a nice brown weakly struck MS, but given the status of the rest of the coins I am going to say it is AU also. Of course, the other two are obviously harshly cleaned/polished, and should be put into a roll and spent.

Based on the way the pics look on my monitor they have all been cleaned, but the top 3 are acceptable and would grade 63, 64, 63.

The bottom 2 have been at least one of the following--whizzed, polished, recolored, cleaned, corroded.