• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what is best

4 posts in this topic

ive been getting canadian,britannias,liberia coinage due to the designs smile.gif and cant ever find a place to locate a value! does any1 have a spot to go for values?

Try your local public library for a copy of the Standard Catalog of World Coins, a five-volume set covering 1601-present. Each volume is the size of a major city telephone book (except the 21st Century volume which is < 350 8-1/2 x 11 pages.

The values listed there are about as accurate as you will find published outside of specialty catalogs for most world coins, although they are often significantly higher or lower than retail market values.

For high grade coins, the most accurate source of current value is a review of recent closed auctions at the major sellers. Many people use EBay closed auctions, but they really need to be taken with a grain of salt considering the many scammers and ignorant newbies trading at that venue. frown.gif

I agree. Krause is the place to go. If you are not in a hurry, the 2008 catalog will be coming out in a couple of months. Depending on the dates you have, you will want to either get the 20th century (through 2000) or the 21st century (2001-present) catalogue.

My Krause catalog is a 1998 but that edition's pricing was too high for most coins that I paid any attention to. For the series that I do collect, many of the prices in the 2006 edition are now too,low. They have changed much since then but market prices have.