• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof sets off eBay "I am a happy bunny" !!!

17 posts in this topic

Hi all thumbsup2.gif

just got my sets i won on ebay a month ago !!! lot of hassle as it looked like i had been stung by the seller .. he first of all said he was going to dubai to work for 10 days.. then three weeks later no sets blush.gif then others started leaving negitive feedback 893whatthe.gif so i thaught that i had lost my £35..

a week later i got an email that the coins were on there way yay.gif

the coins came over the weekend when i was away on my fishing trip and my lass opend the package and phoned me.. and said .. wait till you see them .. dont think you are going to be happy ? frown.gif

so it bugged me all weekend on what was wrong with the sets ...

when i got back i opened it and was shocked to find

in the lot was:-

Proof Gerorge washington half dollar 1982 PF-69/70 Ultra Cameo thumbsup2.gif

1984 sealed mint set With most of the coins in stunning condition the Denver mint 1c could have a DD smirk.gif

there was also 1961,1962,1963,1964, 1776-1976 proof sets in the lot and i am amazed at the Quality of the coins. i have taken 17 of the coins out so far and i would say there is not one coin below a PF-67 and there looks like at leaset half a dozen in the 69 zone grin.gif Is this normal for these dates ? or have i been just lucky

all the 50c coins seem to have FBL bar the 1963, all the dimes seem to have FT and all the nickel seem to have full steps.. also the 63 1c seems to have doubling on "in god we trust" and "lots" of the others have at least Mechine doubling on them.. It is a shame that these Fulls and MD are not gradable which is strange as like the 1963 50c is missing its FBL so it would be nice that it was mentiond on the slab.. All the best and keep hunting....!

i have put the coins in cardboard flips (hence the fluff and the blured images)

These 50c scans almost show the condition of the sets

1844036-1961c.jpg

1844036-1961r.jpg

1844036-1963.jpg

1844036-1963r1.jpg

So not bad so my lass is having to make my T for the rest of the week for winding me up cool.gif

1844036-1963r1.jpg.f6eeb9911686dbea901d88110020b4e4.jpg

Beautiful coins, Dooly, Glad it worked out for you. You didn't seem to be bugged to the point of not catching conger's though, huh? poke2.gif

Beautiful coins, Dooly, Glad it worked out for you. You didn't seem to be bugged to the point of not catching conger's though, huh? poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif nothing stops me catching conger as i am the conger king thumbsup2.gif

and when you are 25 miles out at sea other things have a lesser importance 27_laughing.gif

Forgive me, but what is FT?

Abbreviation meanings

BN = Brown

CA = Cameo

DPL = Deep Prooflike

FB = Full Split Bands

FBL = Full Bell Lines

FH = Full Head

FT = Full Torch

MS = Mint State

PF = Proof

PL = Prooflike

RB = Red Brown

RD = Red

SP = Specimen

UC = Ultra Cameo

5FS = Five Full Steps

6FS = Six Full Steps

Congrats on the coins Wayne thumbsup2.gif

But are these "congers" good to eat? makepoint.gif

1844391-conger.jpg

Cheers thumbsup2.gif cannot wait to NGC them |

yep Very good eating there very chunky meaty fish.. but all ours are put back to help fish stocks.. they dont have problems going back to 250foot as we bring them up slowley and dont have the swim bladders of outher round fish .. and what fighters!! this years DVD should be a blinder we have 4 hours of footage wink.gif

hi.gif

Ps the conger in the pic looks like about 20lb sign-offtopic.gif

As mentioned previously, proof coinage does not get FBL, etc., because it is almost always fully struck.

Congrats on the nice coins, I am glad it worked out for you.

Congrats on the coins Wayne thumbsup2.gif

But are these "congers" good to eat? makepoint.gif

1844391-conger.jpg

Parboiled and grilled is the best I have found and Yes they are quite delicious thumbsup2.gif