• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grade and Overton - 1808 CBH

13 posts in this topic

This one arrived in the mail today, my photos are not that great as the coin is a lot darker than it appears in them, maybe I'll try to take better photos this weekend. Let me know what you think, and especially your attribution on Overton variety:

1808p50cobv.JPG

1808p50crev.JPG

I would say VF 25 and an O-103 as well. Looks like it may have had a gentle dip at one point to get rid of accumulated crud and extra dark toning.

I’d say about VF-25 as well. I find the area in front of the Eagle’s beak a bit concerning but maybe I’m seeing things. I don’t have my book in front of me – what is the R value of 1808 O-103?

I’d say about VF-25 as well. I find the area in front of the Eagle’s beak a bit concerning but maybe I’m seeing things. I don’t have my book in front of me – what is the R value of 1808 O-103?

O-103 is rarity 1.

It's certainly possible, if not probabable that it was dipped at some point, but as I said, the coin in hand is much darker, so much so that I thought I had the wrong photos. I will try to take better shots this weekend.

Jeff, nice looking coin. thumbsup2.gif

James that's an attractive coin, and I like how you photoed/photo-edited it. thumbsup2.gif

I like the coin at VF-25, partially because I think some of the undetailed area on the left wing (looking at the eagle) can be attributed to striking weakness in that area.

I agree with the earlier consensus that the coin is an O-103, an R-1.

Ok, here are better photos of it:

1808p50cobv2.JPG

1808p50crev2.JPG

It's clearly not as bad as the first photo showed it to be!