• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Slabs

6 posts in this topic

I had the same question! I saw how PCGS coins are put into slabs from their grading process video. But the plastic in the NGC holder is just a flemsy piece of white plastic with a hole in it - one that's not much larger than the coin. So, some force would have to be applied wo get the coin in there. I don't know how it could be done without risk of damaging the coin.

They use custom gaskets, put that around the coin, and then insert the gasket into the slab. Go to their homepage and check out the video.

they bend the gasget almost in half and insert coin then given a blast of compressed air to clean off any particles on both sides then to slabbing machine put in between the two outer plastic halves and sonically seal them by high frequency waves sealing i think both pieces together

then it is off to quality control and then securely packaged and sent to the happy collectors awaiting their packages

with the wailing and nashing of teeth at most of the grades lately and also bodybags some are ON TOP OF THE WORLD RUNNERS HIGH slab masturbation like bige with that AT proof 66 seated dollar he just made at ngc

congrats to bige!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! move that puppie and take out your cost and with the leftover buy something good flowerred.gif