• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What will PCGS say about this half dime?

What will PCGS say?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. What will PCGS say?

62 posts in this topic

Submission was successfully logged into the PCGS system today. Next step will most likely be the TrueViews and then the big moment. wink.gif
I am Moist with anticipation.. 893whatthe.gif

Submission was successfully logged into the PCGS system today. Next step will most likely be the TrueViews and then the big moment. wink.gif

will they still do trueviews?

and good luck with the coin. It's quite pretty.

laugh.gifBODY BAG FOR RIM NICK laugh.gif

So much for the free grading lol. They didn't even take the TrueView photos that I paid money for. insane.gif

where is this supposed rim nick? up their arse?

So much for the free grading lol. They didn't even take the TrueView photos that I paid money for. insane.gif

Unfortunate. When you get the coin back, Clad, post a picture that shows the "offending" rim nick. Then we can make a game of posting pictures of coins with more severe defects that made it into PCGS slabs anyway.

That's a shocker. The only nick showing is to the right of the 9 and something going on at the 13th star but nothing I can see elsewhere. Unbelieveable. I thought the scratches would give it a possible BB but not that. What a beautiful coin. What did Anacs have the coin graded as?

Do you still have the unedited pics?

From before you photoshoped them...I would love to see the edge..

Are they talking about the tiny nick at 5O'clock on obverse?? 893whatthe.gif

You know I thought I seen that too, just below and right of the 9? If they are that technical with a beautiful coin of this age, I would be very sceptical about submitting any future coins to them.

What did Anacs have the coin graded as?

ANACS graded it as an MS61. I'll take EdgeView pics of the coin when I get it back so you all can see all that is going on with the rim.

That looks to be just plain wrong. A sad reality is that there is probably a good chance that if you sent that coin back twice, it would slab at least once. I would love to be able to show them proof of this and get the other 2 submission costs refunded.

IF PCGS didn't charge when a coin was BB none would ever get BB. I think or would like to know what % of free submissions get the old BB.The more I see of these things happening

the more i'm convinced it all bs and were all suckers.I would have somebody else send in the same coin and see what happens.If were then to grade I would raise holy heck post on every fourm and even place some add's in some of the coin mags just to get people to wake up to this ----

I don't see why it got a BB from the image. It sure looks to be a nice coin.

With that said, may I tell of my experience with PCGS.

Over the last few years I have sent a lot of Bust and Seated half dimes and dimes in for grading. They seem to be brutal on these.

On several I was blinded by what I call the pride of ownership. They looked great but after a little study, I agreed with the BB.

On others I just couldn't agree and had to try again. Most of these still did not get a grade. I found them very consistent and learned a great deal from the experience.

They did not seem consistent with those that graded AU-55

to MS-62 but, I can understand that a bit better. smile.gif

I am sorry, but if what you say is true, that is an incredibly inept, ridiculously stupid decision on the part of PCGS. Refusing to grade the coin as imaged is absurd. This is why NGC is the service of choice - they actually know how to grade REAL coins.

A body bag is just mind-bogglingly stupid.

Every day, my respect for PCGS dwindles further.

Myself i'm looking forward to the day when I can say I was collecting coins before there was a company called PCGS and am still collecting coins now that their gone.Rim nick by butt

more like free submission at the end of the day BB it and lets go home.

Well they did come through with the TrueView pics so I gotta give it to them on that one. Phil is just about as good as it gets, in my opinion, when it comes to coin pics.

13806422jpgih8.jpg

Phil takes the pic before the coin goes to grading. Since the work is already done and you paid fir it they still give you the photo.

Where is the rim nick? That little mark near 9? What a travesty.

I still say have sombody else send that same coin in on a paid submission it will be graded.

IF it BB's again I'll pay Cladiator's grading fee for that coin. any takers

still say have sombody else send that same coin in on a paid submission it will be graded.
Too late for that. I sent it in as preperation to sell it. I've already sold it though as raw. When I get it back it's getting shipped to it's new owner.