• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

linky dink

8 posts in this topic

I can't find anywhere else to post this question so here it is. How do you make the links say what you want and still take to you to the desired site? confused.gif Appreciate the help smile.gif

I can't find anywhere else to post this question so here it is. How do you make the links say what you want and still take to you to the desired site? confused.gif Appreciate the help smile.gif

[url=http://www.url.com]put your text here[/url] 

When clicking on the highlighted URL the box appears in the upper left hand corner of the screen, right?

when you enter (maybe copy/paste) the url, the http// that is already there will disappear and the new complete url will appear, by clicking on OK the box will highlight "web page"...just type in your own words, the "web page" will disappear with the first letter typed and your own words will be displayed in the post box when you click on OK. They will appear at the end of the url string.

You are now linka-fied.

Hope that helped.

You got me Stanley. thumbsup2.gif WJ I fear I didn't follow so well. confused-smiley-013.gif" by clicking on OK the box will highlight "web page"... OK??? no comprende? Christo_pull_hair.gif

by clicking on OK the box will highlight "web page"...just type in your own words, the "web page" will disappear with the first letter typed and your own words will be displayed in the post box when you click on OK. They will appear at the end of the url string.

try again

There will be two words "web page" in a blue back ground. Once you enter anything in there now, the words "web page" in the blue back ground will *poof* and the letters/numbers now appear in the box where that originally appeared.

Once finished with all the info, by clicking on OK your linked url will appear in the posting box...this area here.

You can check to make sure your linked right by checking "preview reply" click on the link you just created and check to make sure it is ok. Then you can "continue" and your message will be posted.

NP we'll do this till you get it right...I'm ex-military 27_laughing.gif