• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you safeguard your valuable collections??

43 posts in this topic

You guys keep your coin collection in a safe deposit box??

2ton Safe in the house?? Secret hiding spots?? Under the mattress?

or what??

I dont have much of a collection to worry about.

but when it gets to the point of alot of value..

I wonder how to safely keep them.

also do you all insure your coins? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thanks

or what??

thanks

Whalter Ppk,,,380 w/hydra shocks

or what??

thanks

Whalter Ppk,,,380 w/hydra shocks

makepoint.gifTwo dogs and a High Standard 12 gauge loaded with #5 shot. makepoint.gif

lol - I was expecting to see one of those gun posts from ATS, complete with the anti-gun/pro-gun bickering!

My answer: AirTites combined with an attack cat.

The Marine corps gave me countless hours of training on the proper handleing and safety of many types of firearms...Be a shame to waste it. thumbsup2.gif

Well, let's see my kids are about 4' tall. So a shelf about 6' counting for step stools and curtain climbing. Not to mention decoys placed strategically on my nightstand.

Well if they get past the Great perinese and chihuahua outside, oh yea, and boxer turtle, then inside they have to get thru the 2 parrots, the cat, the teacup chihuahua, and then the boxer. If they get past that, they have the wife to go thru, then I'll wake up and finish what is left with either of my 3 12gauges, or the 30-30 if I can get the scope on'em! 27_laughing.gif

Forgot that dang cat!!! 27_laughing.gif

I find a nice foothold trap works well for children under 5' tall. Foothold traps are quite humane these days according to my wildlife management techniques class.

lol - I was expecting to see one of those gun posts from ATS, complete with the anti-gun/pro-gun bickering!

The Marine corps gave me countless hours of training on the proper handleing and safety of many types of firearms...Be a shame to waste it. thumbsup2.gif

same here, Semper Fi !

9 mm under the pillow and the usual claymores and assorted booby traps at key entry positions. smile.gif I also don't light the " Coins For Sale here" light anymore 27_laughing.gif The good stuff is hidden so well sometimes I can't find it. confused.gif Everything else is under lock and key or in a safe bolted to the floor. That doesn't count the stuff that remains at my work table in the man cave because I can't quite decide what to do with it tonofbricks.gif US Army 11B40 Vietnam 69-70 and I can still shoot smile.gif

same here, Semper Fi !

Oooo ra thumbsup2.gif

i have a wall safe. an honest to goodness wall safe like in the movies. only instead of a potrait of an old guy covering it i have an uncut sheet of $1 smile.gif

i have a wall safe. an honest to goodness wall safe like in the movies. only instead of a potrait of an old guy covering it i have an uncut sheet of $1 smile.gif

wouldnt that draw atention rather than divert!

Colt LightWeight Commander in .45ACP here....

..seriously though... I keep my coin colection in the gun safe. It's certainly enough to keep the kids out of it as well as all but the most determined theives. If I had more money invested in it...and there are some SERIOUS collections here... I'd opt for a safety deposit box at my local bank. I've got less than $5K invested in my entire collection though...Leo

I broke up my collection into three parts. Each is in a different ordinary brown box. I figure somebody would have to know its there before they actually find it.

Five foot, 700 pound gun safe. Also have dog, plus Kimber .45 ACP in bedroom. Able to shoot scores of about 292, 16x out of 300 points possible in competition .45 ACP and .22 pistol shooting matches at 25 yards with tuned pistol. Thank you Fort Lewis for the training.

I have a guillotine positioned such that anyone reaching for my coins will have their hand promptly removed.

In a locked large briefcase at my GF trailer (it is a kinda weathered trailer but nice inside with an above ground pool on a secluded piece of property I inherited with lots of trees - I moved her in there about 3 yr ago) - about 300 slabbed coins, mostly gold in the bc which is in a locked closet only I have a key to. She does not know whats in the briefcase / closet nor care - she is there during the 2 days a week when I see her and gone at night when she is dancing at the club (nightshift). I was by there for a 3am swim in the pool with her last Wednesday nite after she got off work and checked - the bc is still there. She also packs a rifle and pistol I gave her and will shoot intruders on sight. She knows not to mess with my stuff - I have provided her a car and place to live. As I am the one who purchased the trailer (and pool) for the property, I also have a key to the place. One would not suspect such a modest place would be a rare coin depository let alone have anything worth stealing.

In a locked large briefcase at my GF trailer (it is a kinda weathered trailer but nice inside with an above ground pool on a secluded piece of property I inherited with lots of trees - I moved her in there about 3 yr ago) - about 300 slabbed coins, mostly gold in the bc which is in a locked closet only I have a key to. She does not know whats in the briefcase / closet nor care - she is there during the 2 days a week when I see her and gone at night when she is dancing at the club (nightshift). I was by there for a 3am swim in the pool with her last Wednesday nite after she got off work and checked - the bc is still there. She also packs a rifle and pistol I gave her and will shoot intruders on sight. She knows not to mess with my stuff - I have provided her a car and place to live. As I am the one who purchased the trailer (and pool) for the property, I also have a key to the place. One would not suspect such a modest place would be a rare coin depository let alone have anything worth stealing.

Note to self: grab the briefcase.... and the girlfriend devil.gif