• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please don't include large pictures in your posts!

59 posts in this topic

That's a rather arrogant comment - I hope you didn't mean it that way. To begin with, there's no reason whatsoever for people to buy bigger monitors just to view one site. Secondly, the average user today is running 1024x768 - that's plenty big. Those of us who post images here should respect the majority of visitors by posting appropriately-sized images. That's a position the board management has held for years - the FAQ requests that people try and keep their sig image sizes around 125x600.

If it bothers you that much (you're the only one that has been complaining, and repetitively at that), download adblock and block the offending images or select the option that blocks all signatures on the boards.

Cladiator, can you post your really big truview image? grin.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I run my monitor at 1680X1050 for all sites and applications

I've got you beat - 1920x1200. smirk.gif

I'm on a lousy dell laptop too. smirk.gifsmirk.gif

blush.gif I’m gonna change mine as soon as I get home wink.gif

zrlevin wrote:

If it bothers you that much (you're the only one that has been complaining, and repetitively at that), download adblock and block the offending images or select the option that blocks all signatures on the boards.

I'm the only one?

ldhair wrote:

I know what you are saying. I have to run at 800x600 because of my old eyes. It's probably going to be imposible to get everyone to post small images. I'm thinking that even 800x will streatch the screen. I don't see an answer that will work for all.

astrostu wrote:

The above image is fine. And James, you're assuming that everyone is running IE. Some of us (a growing number of us) don't. And even if we did, there's no reason why we should have to change our preferences just to read this forum site.

I whole-heartedly agree with Michael!

D.D. wrote:

Just a reminder to nobody in particular: When you include a huge image in your post, you stretch the entire thread out sideways so much that nobody can easily read the content any more. I run a 1024x768 monitor (which I think is average for most users these days) and any images over around 850 pixels wide stretch the threads so much I have to scroll left and right to read.

If you want to include a great big pic, by all means do - but please do it as a link to the pic so that others can actually read the threads! I'm not trying to boss anyone around; just help others enjoy the forum more.

Could you please post this across the street also... popcorn.gif

Zach, you're being ridiculous. Be careful, you know how easy it is to "lose all respect for [someone] both as a numismatist and as a person."

I'm not fighting. I'm just responding.

In any case, I won't be drawn into a debate. My point is self-evident. Everyone reading this thread can probably relate to my point and understands that I'm just trying to help the board run a little more smoothly.

Please reduce images to 10x10 pixels for easier viewing on my PDA. Besides, Hoot's coins look better that way. poke2.gif

Oh no…we got into a fight over monitors foreheadslap.gif

To ease the tensions...Concentrate on the black dot and move your head towards and away from the monitor.

illusion.jpg

Here's a simple solution to both post a large picture and not scroll the board (which does suck *spoon*, btw, in case anyone's taking votes)

1839510-1944sphlp1cvert.jpg

1839510-1944sphlp1cvert.jpg.e5267c40a1605ce8150eeddc5387a5d2.jpg

αυτό που είναι εμείς που μιλάμε για τα εικονοκύτταρα εγώ δεν έχει κανένα εικονοκύτταρο δυσοδίας

guess i can't post in Greek because that what this post is to me

To ease the tensions...Concentrate on the black dot and move your head towards and away from the monitor.

illusion.jpg

OK, my head just exploded. Was that supposed to happen? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

Jom, that's a common side effect...to regain your balance, stare at the little cross in the middle, once you get a green dot to circle, you are cured.

illusionII.gif

Jom, that's a common side effect...to regain your balance, stare at the little cross in the middle, once you get a green dot to circle, you are cured.

illusionII.gif

Way off topic and has nothing to do with numismatics thumbsup2.gif

posted as a tension easer in this thread, I did not start an OT topic like you did MAULEMALL...now your stalking my posts, huh?

Once again it shows everybody here on the chat boards what kind of person you really are.

Keep it up.

posted as a tension easer in this thread, I did not start an OT topic like you did MAULEMALL...now your stalking my posts, huh?

Once again it shows everybody here on the chat boards what kind of person you really are.

Keep it up.

so you're A troll and a hypocrite.. thumbsup2.gif

Keep it up.

so you're A troll and a hypocrite.. thumbsup2.gif

Yet another unsolicited intelligent response from Maulemall! flowerred.gif

appears to me you are the one doing the trolling here...you are nothing more than a plain and simple antagonizer.

This is where you excell.

good job!

re-enforcement once again.

appears to me you are the one doing the trolling here...you are nothing more than a plain and simple antagonizer.

good job!

Just to ease the tension 27_laughing.gif

Americanhero.jpgsquirel.gif

If I may go back on topic a bit here.

600X is a great size for most everyone and it won't stretch the text to require scrolling as long as you stack them. Side by side will jack it up.

With that said, many post at 800x and that's fine. Lots of new folks don't crop and it comes off at over 800. I just live with it and go on. No one way is going to make everyone happy. We run at different settings on our monitors and have different abilities as far as site.

It's really my problem that I can't run at higher settings and it's not that big a deal. Again, I just live with it. smile.gif

good job!

Just to ease the tension 27_laughing.gif

Americanhero.jpgsquirel.gif

What the hell is that thing? Is that a monkey or a squirrel? And what’s that little motion it makes before it…er…um…pees?