• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Signature Series & Journals

10 posts in this topic

Is anyone signed up for these. I just came back to the registry so they are new to me. They look interesting but I was wondering about others comments/complaints before doing it.

Are there awards for these sets ? Is there a competition aspect to them ?

I was thinking about doing a Signature Set for my toned Peace $ duplicates.

Thanks in advance

Michael

Howdy Michael. I don't know if there are any awards for the Signature Sets, but I find the entire concept of the journals to be annoying and aggravating in the manner that it is implemented.

Michael,

I have no idea if there is a competitive aspect to the signature series. I rather doubt it, although I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of "prize" for having a well designed, informative set. The best part about it is that it allows you to post coins that you would otherwise have no chance to post. For myself, I've posted a bunch of Battle Creek coins from my collection.

I think that at the end of the year NGC does give awards for a couple of the best Signature Sets. I know I always enjoy looking at them, even if they aren't a competition. There is some really cool stuff there, and some of the sets are very creative.

• Administrator
Howdy Michael. I don't know if there are any awards for the Signature Sets, but I find the entire concept of the journals to be annoying and aggravating in the manner that it is implemented.

In what way?

It is true that NGC has toned down their promotion of the journals on each person's homepage, however, the titles of journal articles still appear on the lefthand side of the registry homepage for each user. I do not want to see this, but there is no way that I know of to get rid of this feature on my own homepage.

They're just journal titles Tom, why does it bother you so?

It is true that they are simply journal titles, but typically one will not see the "fingerprint" of others, aside from administrators, moderators and web designers, on a page that is purported to be their homepage. Therefore, I do not like the aggressive manner that NGC is forcing folks to encounter the journal titles or journal articles and when people ask for an opinion on the matter I feel perfectly comfortable voicing my valid dissent and displeasure.

Cool - okay Im going to do a Signature Set for my dups Toned Peace $. I have some that have some really nice color but are low MS grades that arent in my #1 set in the Registry.

Thanks for all the info. I like the idea. The journal Im not so sure about though.

Michael