• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New coin I just purchased...PCGS MS62 $20 LIB

43 posts in this topic

893applaud-thumb.gif very cool! 893applaud-thumb.gif

And dont get discouraged people get frustrated dont let it get to you. and i dont obsess over coins there my life smile.gif

Thanks buddy. You really help me out alot. It's just I promised munkeyman I wouldn't make anymore obessive posts and I guess I did and I feel bad I broke my promise.

No problem buddy. numismatics is a hobby that everyone should enjoy and learn from each other. and from some of the things you've said in your posts i imagine you under the age of 21 (which would make you a young numismatist) and hey i'm still in high school us YN's gotta stick together smile.gif

The coin looks quite attractive, appears to have no singular hit that determined the grade, looks like it has nice skin and, indeed, has positive eye appeal. I would go so far as to say it looks undergraded in your images. This is the "generic" date for this series and it might have a slightly different grading standard than other issues. Nice piece. smile.gif

What year was your $10 Lib?

How big was the aztec coin?

I basically lost at least $75 in the trade that I did..

The aztec coin was around 0.48 oz gold. The year of the liberty 10$ piece was 1894. Also, there are alot of hits on the hair. Later I'll try and take some better pictures in the sunlight.

Thanks Tomb and others.

The coin looks quite attractive, appears to have no singular hit that determined the grade, looks like it has nice skin and, indeed, has positive eye appeal. I would go so far as to say it looks undergraded in your images. This is the "generic" date for this series and it might have a slightly different grading standard than other issues. Nice piece. smile.gif

That was my thought exactly. I was impressed by how clean the fields appear. There appear to be some marks on the cheek, and there may be some strike weakness, but I wouldn't think strike should keep it out of a 63. I'd love to see a clearer picture.

That makes two double eagles for you. Have you given any thought to a double eagle type set?

What year was your $10 Lib?

How big was the aztec coin?

I basically lost at least $75 in the trade that I did..

The aztec coin was around 0.48 oz gold. The year of the liberty 10$ piece was 1894. Also, there are alot of hits on the hair. Later I'll try and take some better pictures in the sunlight.

Thanks Tomb and others.

Not bad though, trading that and getting a $20 Lib.

Thats a 63 in a NGC slab ... Very nice as I have a few 62's which do not look as nice ... The PCGS's I did cross (61's) crossed a grade higher ... this is what I am going on ...

You did well congrats

I made you a sig-sized image (well, a little larger, but close enough) you might like to use...

1838405-stinkycheese1_banner.jpg

Or another version:

1838411-stinkycheese1_banner2.jpg

And here's a larger version if you have a website:

1838413-stinkycheese1_black.jpg

1838405-stinkycheese1_banner.jpg.bb777f42e4a476f4895295d91b3814db.jpg

Coin looks nice for grade. Only thing that I can see from second scan is possibly some light chatter on cheek. Otherwise, nice coin with original skin.

Yes, it looks as if the luster is broken a bit by bagmarks on the cheek and neck. Would be cool if you could capture the luster a bit when you have a chance to take better pics. But the coin looks to be on the upper end of typical for a '62. Not a bad coin to have...

nice coin, but...........you should have purchased a pre-1904 example. The 1904 coins were mostly gold, but have a chocolate filling in them. Tasty yes, but certainly worth less than the all gold Double Eagles. I would however either keep your coin refrigerated or at least in room temperature to keep the filling from oozing out.