• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New coin I just purchased...PCGS MS62 $20 LIB

43 posts in this topic

nice coin, but...........you should have purchased a pre-1904 example. The 1904 coins were mostly gold, but have a chocolate filling in them. Tasty yes, but certainly worth less than the all gold Double Eagles. I would however either keep your coin refrigerated or at least in room temperature to keep the filling from oozing out.

Yes, the 1904 Philadelphia double eagle is very, very common coin. If it were not for the huge numbers of them, the Liberty double ealge would be a much scarcer type coin.

Very nice gold coin, you did well.

Be proud...but now, please, just leave it in the holder and admire the grace and beauty of early gold.

thumbsup2.gif

Very nice gold coin, you did well.

Be proud...but now, please, just leave it in the holder and admire the grace and beauty of early gold.

thumbsup2.gif

Don't worry, I won't crack it out! makepoint.gif Thanks for the post! Check your PM

MAULEMALL, that picture looks real good. I like the deep gold color, although in hand the coin has a more golden yellow color.

What did you do to the picture to get it that way?

PM received and answered...

I personally think that 62 is at it's limit...But it is nice and it is gold so it will always be desirous..

Try to remember that it's just a coin and it's just a hobby. thumbsup2.gif

No. I noted the hits on the cheek in my earlier post and requested more pictures. I said that I didn't think strike weakness should keep it out of a 63.

This coin has definitely reached its limit at MS-62 using today's standards.

The 1904 double is so common that you can find very conservatively graded pieces in MS-63 and 64 holders. I've been at shows where a major dealer might have close to case full of them. The trouble with some of these deals, which were probably bulk graded, is that I've found many bulk graded coins to on the liberal (over graded) side. The best deals might be found when you locate a PQ piece here and there.

I see the same situation with the 1926 and 1932 eagles. Those two dates are also very common, and the grading can often be on the liberal side. Still I find the 1932 ealge to be pretty neat because it's the only "old" U.S. gold coin that is priced within the range of most serious collectors. cloud9.gif