• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does YOUR dealer think of the message boards?

63 posts in this topic

Doops/pepperdoodles has been yapping for so long about how he knows David Hall and all these other people. One of his so-called buddies said he was a piece of [!@#%^&^] when asked about him. Funny thing about him is that he said he "talked" to people who knew me and he "repeated what they said about me" and he was so far off that I knew he was pullling it out of his [!@#%^&^]. I don't think he got a single fact correct.

He's a wanker, a loser, a scumbag.

Greg,

Thanks for the heads up on that dealer. I rarely buy any coins on eBay. Though I have found some nice seated halves recently. All at reasonable prices and a full return offer. I'm sure happy that dealer doesn't offer anything of interest to this collector. Only a slug would offer coins on eBay without specifying that all sales are final.

The auction you linked provides an opportunity for the unknowing bidders to learn how the slug operates. That has to be one of the most humorous auctions on eBay.

There is a laxidaisical sense (if that's the word for it) with a high percent of buyers who lack the ability to grade coins. Only until they persue that next step to find out they've actually been screwed it's usually too late to do anything about it. It's an everlosing battle unless those who could unknowingly take the appropriate action and make honesty win out when it doesn't ring true! Take the loss but keep it low. Put it to the test and make it honest!

A local dealer here use to say he has never wasted his time here or with a computer 893whatthe.gif but guess what? He now has a username and he sells on ebay and other avenues. It's good for business if the local town people aren't buying. 27_laughing.gif

Leo

Doops/pepperdoodles has been yapping for so long about how he knows David Hall and all these other people. One of his so-called buddies said he was a piece of [!@#%^&^] when asked about him. Funny thing about him is that he said he "talked" to people who knew me and he "repeated what they said about me" and he was so far off that I knew he was pullling it out of his [!@#%^&^]. I don't think he got a single fact correct.

Greg,

Your dealer friend across the street continues to show ignorance. I don't believe I have read anything quite like it the past. With hope, never again in the future.

Across the street

I also like to build 1/35 scale military models. I know that many of the top sculptures and manufacturers frequently post on the model boards looking to find out what modellers want next, new release dates, problems with current releases and to post pics of professionally completed models that look fantastic. I even got a personal email from the owner of one of the smaller, but high quality manufacturer because I asked a question to the board's general population and he felt it was his responsiblity to provide an answer about his product.

In the coin world it is a lot different. The dealers have no control over the means of production, quality or quantity. Basically they sell a relatively homogenous product. There is very little differentiation amongst the dealers. I am also guessing that only the very profitable and large dealers are the ones with the money and access to the best coins. So just because there is a growing interest in, say Peace Dollars, doesn't mean that the dealer can purchase more from the manufacturer. And it is also not possible for dealers to call the US Mints to make suggestions or requests in style and quality.

Unless a dealer is actively looking to offer coins for sale to people who mention coins he has in his inventory, there is very little need for a board. Plus there may be some wheeling and dealing among members, bypassing him altogether.

1/35 military models? Ohhh! You have my attention. I have over 100 built up Tamiya and Italeri WWII armour. Mostly US, German, British. Last kit was a German Marder III, took a week to complete, but well worth it. I used to build dioramas, but space became a limitation. I had to buy 3 glass commericial showcases just for the armour, not to mention the 1/48 and 1/32 WWII aircraft. I have over 200 unbuilt kits ready to go, but time is at a premium. I've owned so many kits so long, that they are all collectors items now. 893whatthe.gif

TRUTH

Hey Greg, have you seen your dealer's newest post "over there"? You should read through this beauty. This guy seems a bit psychopathic. He actually called a member's employer, acting as a mortgage underwriter, to verify certain information.

"Over there"

Little missy, BeBopABubbleGum, goes to extreme lengths to defend this guy.

I am not defending a Crook, I am saying, I have not had this experience with him.....

If I had, I would gladly share those comments....... Since I have moved out of collecting mint state Franklins into

collecting proofs, I have made a some purchases from him.... No complaints at all......

BushMan,

I don't quite understand why you seem to have a particular dislike for Lucy, but I hope you don't let it affect your objectivity.

From what I can tell of her so-called defense of PD, all she is merely saying is that she has not had a negative experience with that seller. I don't see anywhere where she is explicitly stating a positive about the guy. A lukewarm non-negative comment regarding the guy is hardly much of an endorsement. If she were truly on his side, then I'd expect her to heap all sorts of glowing praise on that guy.

Perhaps you know the history of these two better than I. However, your citation actually goes against your case.

Additionally, hasn't this forum had enough name calling lately? I really hate as heck having to quote Rodney King, but can't we all just get along?!?

Respectfully,

EVP

Hey Greg, have you seen your dealer's newest post "over there"? You should read through this beauty. This guy seems a bit psychopathic. He actually called a member's employer, acting as a mortgage underwriter, to verify certain information.

"Over there"

I am not defending a Crook, I am saying, I have not had this experience with him.....

If I had, I would gladly share those comments....... Since I have moved out of collecting mint state Franklins into

collecting proofs, I have made a some purchases from him.... No complaints at all......

It seems to me that lucy was stating a fact.

She stated she had purchased from him and had a satisfactory deal.

In fact she stated he produced a quality piece.

So What's The Problem.

I would have done the same had it been me.

I have to wonder why you are going after Lucy for doing the right thing.

What is your agenda Bushman.

I for one find Lucy's response in the thread you posted to be extremly dignified Especially in the face of the venom being spewed over there.

Don't try to tread on the backs of others in this forum.

Leave it over there.

Greg,

Cute new sig. I had heard stories from dealers of the bad days of 1989 when prices were dropping dramatically and rapidly, but their coins were all stuck at the services. Back then, I was told, stated turnaround times were much longer than today (due, I guess, to technology issues).

I bet that the excruciating delay must've seemed like 20+ years!

EVP

EVP,

I know of one smaller dealer who lost $1 million when his coins were being graded and the market fell in 1989. Worse than betting on the wrong team at the superbowl. 893whatthe.gif

TRUTH

I know of one smaller dealer who lost $1 million when his coins were being graded and the market fell in 1989. Worse than betting on the wrong team at the superbowl. 893whatthe.gif

See, had he just bought certified coins this never would have happened. Just another risk in buying raw coins. sorry.gif

There were a lot of dealers that were crushed due to the fall. Honestly, most of them deserved it. They overextended themselves and we so happy flipping coins for big profits and they never wanted to take a realistic look at the market. Sorry, but no pity for them just like I have no pity for the Internet stock millionaires/homeless.

3-4 months was not unheard of to get coins graded. That was the regualr service. There was no economy.

I for one find Lucy's response in the thread you posted to be extremly dignified Especially in the face of the venom being spewed over there.

I couldn't agree more!!! Lucy is always a lady and speaks up when appropriate!

flowerred.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gif

Well gentlemen, if you wish to join in someone's convenient ethics, then I guess you are certainly entitled. She champions an idea that as long as this hillbilly Pepperdoodles treats me/us well, then regardless of how many other bidders he hoses on eBay, we are fine with him. Prior claims of threats of bodily harm, emails filled with profanity and refusal to offer a refund offer, have been completely substantialed by the dealer's own numerous posts. He freely admits it. I would rather think that on this side of the street, we will find fault with a dealer that hoses others, even if he deals well with our members. Poor treatment of collectors should be damned by our members, regardless of our own dealings. I'll not let preferential treatment influence my thoughts of those dealers that purposefully hose the naive. Just my own thoughts on this matter.

Well gentlemen, if you wish to join in someone's convenient ethics, then I guess you are certainly entitled. She champions an idea that as long as this hillbilly Pepperdoodles treats me/us well, then regardless of how many other bidders he hoses on eBay, we are fine with him. Prior claims of threats of bodily harm, emails filled with profanity and refusal to offer a refund offer, have been completely substantialed by the dealer's own numerous posts. He freely admits it. I would rather think that on this side of the street, we will find fault with a dealer that hoses others, even if he deals well with our members. Poor treatment of collectors should be damned by our members, regardless of our own dealings. I'll not let preferential treatment influence my thoughts of those dealers that purposefully hose the naive. Just my own thoughts on this matter.

That has absolutely Nothing to do with what Lucy Stated.

It also has nothing to do with this board.

I think that it is easy enough to walk across the street and wallow in the Garbage without kicking it over here.

Doops Is not and wasn't over here till You brought him here.

Lucy Is a Friend Of This Board and I would hope that You would like that distinction as well.

That Being said I hope you will stay and enjoy a little discourse and contribute in your fashion.

It appears to me that Bushyman wants to champion his ideas and have everybody on his bandwagon for some strange reason. Even to the point were he will twist anything I write to try and make his case. But, he fails to realize that such a tatic will not work with the members of this board. If one searches his posts and reads his attacks on me, they'll find that everything he attempts to accuse me of, he does to me...

Your not helping yourself out here on these boards Bushman, are you here to talk coins, promote the hobby, learn about coins, help others with questions.. Or are you trying to make this a insult Lucy forum and please everybody agree with me type forum?

If you are doing the latter, buy you some web space, start your own bashing Lucy forum, and take it over there...

Surely you can see that your song and dance is really tiring to people around here... foreheadslap.gif

I'm sorry Lucille. I'll not join in your little game. Your attempts to inflame this situation are quite similar to your childish tactics used "across the street". What is clearly tiring to members is your attempt to defend that shameful dealer. That is confirmed by the numerous private messages received. You should step away from this and reflect upon your shamefully manipulative tactics. I'll just begin to ignore your complete lack of content. No further attack from you is needed.

hmmm.... since you bring up private messages, I get many about your lowlife tactics here, and this is yet another.... Your agenda to insult me is hurting your image over here, before the Doops thread, you found other reasons, the members here are not that foolish.....

You know, had you have been the focus of a thread such as Doops, and I bought a coin from you, and it wasn't a negative experience, I would have said the same about you.

Is there anyway of using this Graemlin: flowerred.gif withOUT appearing gay?

Sure, but you'd likely have to use it in relation to one of the few women on the forum and you'd just look pathetic and sexless.

Who wants to bet that Cameron will use it in reference to SM1? Let me guess what he will say: Sir SM1 I have a present for you. flowerred.gif

I'm sorry Lucille. I'll not join in your little game. Your attempts to inflame this situation are quite similar to your childish tactics used "across the street". What is clearly tiring to members is your attempt to defend that shameful dealer. That is confirmed by the numerous private messages received. You should step away from this and reflect upon your shamefully manipulative tactics. I'll just begin to ignore your complete lack of content. No further attack from you is needed.

You should step away from this and reflect upon your shamefully manipulative tactics. I'll just begin to ignore your complete lack of content. No further attack from you is needed.

Geeze Man....Give it up.Your starting to make Cammie look like a serious Stud.