• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1846 Seated Liberty Dollar for DANSCO 7070, Care to grade and comment?

30 posts in this topic

Hi, Everyone hi.gif

I recently picked up this 1846 Seated Liberty Dollar for my DANSCO 7070 Type Coin Set. It has been certified by a TPG firm. If you like to test your grading skills from pictures and/or comment on the coin be my guest! grin.gif

AAJ

1846sldo.jpg

1846sldr.jpg

That little raised triangular diamond on the back of the slab gave the ANACS holder away...cheater!

I shall comment on the coin when I get back...gotta go!

Crusty XF 40 is my guess, but I could truly care less about the TPG grade as that coin is gorgeous regardless. I am jealous.

Congrats on your NEWP...Mike

I love it! smile.gif It is a really nice looking coin that is obviously graded by ANACS and that I would grade as EF40.

That coin has some masculine rims on the reverse...good and stout, just as tough as the Americans were in 1846.

I like the natural patina and the very small amount of circulation that this particualr coin has seen. It has been well cared for since...you must be proud to be the present owner.

XF-45

That is exactly the look I like for my 7070. If you decide to upgrade that coin let me know - I'm a buyer. As for grade XF45 - AU55 (that's the best I can do).

Hi, Everyone hi.gif

First, thank you all for the kind words and grading of my 1846 SLD. cloud9.gif

It looks like there was a range of EF 40 to AU 58, MikeInFL was the first to grade it the same way as ANACS, EF 40. thumbsup2.gif

I have mentioned in other threads on this forum that I enjoy hunting for the smaller green worded ANACS slabs as I believe many are conservatively graded. Our guessing the grade from pictures in this thread and others of mine seems to support this idea.

When I saw this coin I graded it as a EF 45. smile.gif

It will fit just nicely in my DANSCO 7070 Type Set Album!

AAJ

1846sldanacs.jpg

AU sharpness, but no luster and totally natural.

I've seen these from time to time and they nice coins. They are easy to sell at the right levels, buy you won't hit any homeruns with them.