• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for modern coins from Spain

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I am a new member here. I am hoping someone can help me by suggesting where I would be able to find a couple of coins from Spain. I am looking for one from 1991 and one from 1994. I am looking to get these to give away. I don't need mint or uncirculated, or even a specific denomination. I would like for them to be as large as possible (in size, though not necessarily in denomination). That is something else that is tough because since I don't know anything about the currency I don't know how they measure in size. I don't think these would have much value and that is good since they will not end up in a collection. It's a little odd for me because I feel like I am trying to buy the change out of someone's pocket instead of coins with real worth. I have searched ebay, ebay UK, and ebay Spain daily for the last few weeks with little luck. I sent a couple of the sellers in Spain a message asking for shipping quotes on a couple of coins and didn't get replies. Maybe the online translator isn't translating well enough. I rather not go that route if unless that is my only option. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have four from Spain but they are not that recent.

1947 1 Peseta

1957 5 Peseta

1975 5 Peseta (Two of these)

Rey

Rey, thank you for the reply. The years 1991 and 1994 are all that is critical as they are the birth year or those that they will be given to. Can you recommend someplace other than ebay where I might be able to find what I am looking for? Sorry for such trivial use of this forum but as you can tell I am completely in the dark about coin collecting or acquisition. Thanks in advance for any help.

Moderns can be tough to find but I'd be surprised if these are. I'd google "spain coin" and go from there to find a fixed price list dealer.