• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ugggh, look at those fingerprints

25 posts in this topic

I don't know much about the fine lines defining Red Brown vs Brown, but I do know a ZEBRA when I see one. In 1891, a customer ate a potato chip order and then paid before washing their hands.

Note: It is believed that the original potato chip recipe was created by Native American/African American chef George Crum, at Moon's Lake House near Saratoga Springs, New York on August 24, 1853.

Can fingerprints be dipped off?

It depends on how long they've been there. They can be removed if fairly new. After a long period of time tho', I don't think so.

The PR-63 grade might be okay for NOW, but if those fingerprints keep working their way into the metal, you could be looking lower numbers until you reach the dreaded body bag. tonofbricks.gif

This is definitely one of those plutonium slabs that poses a great risk to your financial health if you were to crack it out of its plastic prison.

Can fingerprints be dipped off?

If they're fresh, acetone (not a dip) will take the oils off. If they're old, they're likely etched in permanently.

I'd take that coin in a heartbeat. There's no way those are finger prints.

confused.gif What else could it be. It's a fingerprint (or two).

We could lift them and do an AFIS check to find the culprit...if he/she has a record anyway... 27_laughing.gif

Seriously though... it sort of makes me wonder why someone would put fingerprints on a high grade specimen... hiding something underneath perhaps???

Leo

Part of the lure, at least for me, is imagining the history of the coin; where it came from, what it bought, who held it........

I know its corny but wouldnt it be really neat if those fingerprints actually came from some one famous? To me, that nostalgia is more than interesting; its fun.

What someone considers junk, another may consider a treasure.