• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You would've thought people learned with Washington Dollars

21 posts in this topic

OMG! isnt PCGS paying $10,000 for the first one sent in, or is that the Sac with lettering on the edge? I dont know, I cant keep up. Oh yeah! I would give the guy $500.00 with those pics. makepoint.gif

When there's rampant buying like this, is it a sign the market is peaking?
No it is a sign of stupid money...
Yes but does stupid money tend to be more active when the market is peaking?

Bet most of these auctions are bid on by the sellers.There just can't be that many fools out there. Can't believe I said But I'M WRONG there are

When there's rampant buying like this, is it a sign the market is peaking?
No it is a sign of stupid money...
Yes but does stupid money tend to be more active when the market is peaking?

Stupid money comes out whenever there is hype.

1995 DDO Cents MS67 RED $699.00 Try getting that now

2004 Wisconsin Quarter - Lucky for buyer they have held

Washington Dollar Plain Edge....

The list could go on...

Where there is HYPE there is stupid money thrown at it. Look at the colorful coins on the market. There is alot of HYPE and many average toned coins bring alot. There are not many great toned coins out there.While there are some they are getting to harder to find and what see you on Ebay and elsewhere is alot of garbage. Good thing the Battlecreek Collection was found. Toners would cost more if not found I think.

Well the first smooth edge washingtons went for this same amount of stupid money. Now the scales on those have toned down tremedously. It's just starting over for the JA dollars because most people thought the issue was fixed. How can you fix something that wasn't broke. Just some coins slipping by the engraving machine. The same thing is happening again. I think it's a great error but it will probably happen with every circulated prez dollar that comes out. There will always be this chance until they figure out another way of putting the letters on while striking the coin. Don't think that will happen. It will probably take the first 4 dollars of smooth errors before people realize that the value of these are going to be less than $100 and they don't need to spend stupid money on the first one that gets mentioned. confused-smiley-013.gif

I wouldnt necessariliy call this stupid money... I think its more of mass hysteria pulling non-collectors into the collecting industry.

Personally, Ill wait til they get dow to $50 or so then Ill grab a couple. ... Start working on my no edge lettering set. :-)

Has there been a legit sighting of "godless" Adams yet? I'm thinking a Dansco filled "missing edge" album would eventually be in my future, also.

Has there been a legit sighting of "godless" Adams yet? I'm thinking a Dansco filled "missing edge" album would eventually be in my future, also.

There are smooth edge errors of the JA dollars on ebay right now.

I noticed that ICG is now certifying the Washington's with the die chips in the S's or "filled S". Are the big four doing so also?

That would be the problem are they legit missing edges? I'm sure on eBay right now, someone is trying to sell Reagan dollars too.

I've noticed that the lesser of the Top TPG's will note minor imperfections on thier slabs. It looks like a clump of smooth edge JA's are coming out of ANACS. Along with this are at least one more grade higher that PCGS & NGC also.