• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone seen the Silver Surfer Cal. Quarter?

4 posts in this topic

I read that the Franklin Mint has colorized the reverse of about 40,000 quarters with the Silver Surfer and put them in circulation. If you find one you might win a trip to England to see the movie. The U.S. Mint isn't happy about this because our coins can't be used for advertisements.

Interesting... I wonder why they didn't say anything about the ANA coin drop last April when each participating club dropped 20 stickered quarters into circulation? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Scott hi.gif

Interesting... I wonder why they didn't say anything about the ANA coin drop last April when each participating club dropped 20 stickered quarters into circulation? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Scott hi.gif

blindfolded.jpg\

But I understand that these Statehood Quarters were/are colorized, hence the need for the involvement of the Franklin Mint...the ANA used stickers (U-Peel'em)that could be readily removed and not permanent like the enameled paint.

To me, both are wrong in doing so, but one is by definition totally wrong and that is the "Surfer" coin.

The only ones showing up are the ones on e-bay...hmmm, seems the distribution link has failed somehow and there is a bit of profeteering going on here.

The plot thickens....to be continued.

Any coin with a URL on it is garbage. If I find one, I’ll take the dollar loss just to yank it from circulation and chuck it in the Charles River.