• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Notice anything?... NEW pictures added.

14 posts in this topic

First off I'd like to thank Bob Campbell for imaging this coin. I think he did a very nice job.

So what do you notice about this coin?

34Dobv664.jpg

34Drev668.jpg

EDITED TO ADD: See the new pictures in my comment on what you are looking at.

"Trust" is spelled incorrectly! WOW!

27_laughing.gif

What are the extra rays and doubled profile and motto Alex?
or what is 1934-D VAM-3 Medium D, Double Die Obverse

"Trust" is spelled incorrectly! WOW!

27_laughing.gif

What are the extra rays and doubled profile and motto Alex?
Nice example of a hot 50 Peace Vam.... thumbsup2.gif

Bingo, Patrick! Nice going. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Actually, there was one other thing that I was wondering if anyone picked up on. The reverse around 3 o'clock has been cleaned. I was so enthralled with the obverse that I didn't pay much attention to the reverse when purchasing the coin. While obvious in hindsight, given the lighting of the small bourse it looked lighter than the surrounding area, but my eye wasn't drawn to it. One lives and learns. C'est la vie. My price wasn't bad for the coin given the condition of the coin (roughly MS62 before you throw in the cleaning), so chalk it up to a learning experience, and of course it's a pretty neat looking obverse VAM.

On the obverse look at the doubling of the rear rays of the tiara, the doubling in IGWT, and what really drew my eye was the doubling of Liberty's profile. I didn't know squat about the VAM, not being a VAM-ite, but just the basic coolness of the look pulled me in. I found out after the fact that the D is also a diagnostic, it is indeed a medium D (as opposed to the much rarer small D).

Here are some close-ups, courtesy of Bob.

34Drev666.jpg

34Dobv660.jpg

34Dobv659.jpg

34Dobv655.jpg