• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Test my ID skills on this 1869 shield nickel !!

6 posts in this topic

Hi again thumbsup2.gif

Rev: IIa.. looks like the Variety 5.5 reverse found on 1868 nickel. I.E no broken letters "weak" lower serif of the C in cents

( i know this is for the 68 but i have never seen it on a 69 before)

Obv: A

Wide date

Mecanical dubbling

MS-60

1818359-c11028.jpg

sellers information

1869/1869 rare error coin $300 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

what do you think 893scratchchin-thumb.gif marks out of 10 please 27_laughing.gif

1818359-c11028.jpg.3d823e73397116f74696583172ebf264.jpg

Dooly

Where in the world do you find all these shield nickels? You must stay up 24/7 looking. 27_laughing.gif.

That is a very nice coin.

hail.gif There is no such thing as a lucky person Only a person who looks hail.gif

yep lots of late nights its usualy 02:00am when i finish talking to you's boys in the USA...shame i have to go to work or i could find so much more..

gossip.gif these are just the ones i show you all .. if i did not get told off for putting them on the forum .. i could show you so much more gossip.gif

Happy hunting thumbsup2.gif

The Variety 5.5 reverse (and all other "broken letter" reverses mentioned in CPG) can only occur on reverse IIb. This coin is a reverse IIa, which, as far as I know, ALWAYS occurs with no broken letters.

The seller is full of it offering this as a rare 1869/1869. The doubling on the date is strike doubling only. This is a common coin that should sell at Grey Sheet prices. It's probably an AU.

The Variety 5.5 reverse (and all other "broken letter" reverses mentioned in CPG) can only occur on reverse IIb. This coin is a reverse IIa, which, as far as I know, ALWAYS occurs with no broken letters.

The seller is full of it offering this as a rare 1869/1869. The doubling on the date is strike doubling only. This is a common coin that should sell at Grey Sheet prices. It's probably an AU.

thanks for that Howard thats what i understood that the Weak C should be on a IIb not on a IIa ? so do you think it a bad picture angle that makes the tail of the C look like that ?

All the best dooly thumbsup2.gif