• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Washington Qaurter Post...

165 posts in this topic

Some REALLY sweet quarters in here guys!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif Nice going. thumbsup2.gif

Dang Denver Dave that '58 is BEE-U-TI-FULLL!!! hail.gif

sh1958wq.jpg

I'm trying to show restraint and not flood the thread.
Ain't that the whole object of the thread Tom? thumbsup2.gif
Well in the spirit of that, while not exactly within the bounds of the OP guidelines (at least this isn't a state quarter...i'm not a big fan of those), she ain't the prettiest girl at the dance, but finding her in change shortly after I started checking change again got me in the direction of some serious studying in error coins:

quarter-grease.jpgI have an image of the obverse, and I should clean them up into the standard image type, but I'm like 4 hours overdue to get to sleep, so it'll have to wait until I can get into image software tonight and edit an updated picture in.

Tom,

Those are very nice, I had never looked at your Gallery before. I especially like the 1940, 1947 S and 1949 D. Some beautiful toned Washingtons you have.

Rey

Great quarters guy's!! Tom that's one "Sweet" group!!

This ones in my 7070:

10926486med.jpg

DSCN2575.jpg

Sold this one to an esteemed DCAM Dealer on the west coast:

truview1957DCAMqtrmed.jpg

Tom, MAMA-MIA!!! Those be some hum-babies!!! hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Having nothing to do with either Washington's or coins here's a story you might enjoy. I was substitute teaching a science class the other day, and was looking at a cover of a book on the teacher's desk. My mind read the 3rd word in the title first because it was the largest font on the cover, and I read it as "TomB" because that's how the formatting made it look. It was only after a second glance that I actually read the full title, which was, "King Tut's TomB".

I was waiting for Tom to post some of his beauties. Sweet Set!!

TedK - That is one sweet coin!

Here is something more modern....

95 S Proof Raw...

95s.jpg

Bruce, nice new one there...

Saen,

As requested here is a pic of my 1956 PF 68* Cameo. If the pics were lighter I think you could see where yours appears a little finer in my opinion.

Rey

1956PF68StarCameoobv.jpg

1956PF68StarCameoRev.jpg