• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well the JA dollar error frenzy has already started.

20 posts in this topic

Is it just me or does there appear to more double strike rim errors with this coin than with the Washington? Is this the "common error" for this coin like the rimless errors was with the Washington dollar?

I haven't seen any errors (???) advertised until today.

FYI - Here is one on ebay that sold for 355 893whatthe.gif that was talked about across the street a couple days ago - seems legit to me

what does anyone else think ???confused-smiley-013.gif

ebay link -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130115106158

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=587928

I dont think there will be too many smoothies - I think the mint has fixed that issue - I think the error for this coin is double strikes on the edge - just my gut feeling IMHO

That seems to be the popular right now!

Get used to it---there will probably be errors galore for all Presidential Dollars. A better question would be---which Presidential Dollar will have none !

Now it would be nice if the trend follows to the proofs. Those would be some legitimate errors if they happened.

Does anyone know where most of these double struck rim "errors" are comming from. I say "errors" in quotes because I still believe the mint is doing this on purpose to raise interest as it did with the godless/rimless Washingtons?

The godless/rimless Washingtons came mostly from coin wrap location 103 (Florida) - has anyone noticed where the new ones seem to be comming from?

"I ain't seeing anything consistent on ebay concerning locations."

Could be more widespread than the previous "error" then... I guess we'll also need to wait to find out how common it is too. As with the godless/rimless Washington’s they’ve started out quite expensive, but the Washington’s have since leveled off at about $50 (ungraded). These double strikes are about $200-$300+ now and depending on how common they are could also settle into a lower range later.

But it would be nice to buy a box from a location where they are more common and have a look through. I've still got 1000 Washington coins from CWI 103 which came up empty and need to be returned to the bank for a more "transportable" monetary denomination wink.gif