• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I may be going back to sell on eBay..

4 posts in this topic

I have an old friend dennis who is into collecting errors and varieties, especially accented hair double die kennedys. I used to sell RPM (repunched mint mark) cents and kennedy half dollars on ebay. I started a new account, I sold about 5 so I have 5 positive feedback. Not that many I know, but its a start.

The repunched mint mark cents sold TERRIBLY, in fact, i couldnt' sell in a single one. Many of them the repunching was so minor, and many were only worth a dollar. Even the one worth 5 dollars I couldn't sell for 99 cents. Probably because of the shipping costs.

Anyway, what we do is he sends me some coins and I sell them on ebay and we split the profit. He said though he'll give me some more coins to sell but I have to pick up "The Kennedy Half Dollar book" by James Wiles. Is this a good book? I've seen it before and it's pretty thick, I'll have to buy it in person I don't want to pay a ton for it on shipping charges.

Dr.Wiles' book is quite good, but heed his warning regarding rarity. I own several coins labeled URS-1 in the text that are not, and several rotated die coins that are not listed. Dr.Wiles anticipated this in his preface. Happy hunting.