• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1824 Bust Half, My comments and OVERTON # and grade reveled!

14 posts in this topic

Hi, Everyone

Here is a new addition to my Capped Bust Half collection, she was bought raw and wild! headbang.gif

Care to comment and/or attribute the Overton # and condition, please do, thanks.

AAJ

18244cbho.jpg

18244cbhr.jpg

Beautiful original AU50, Al. Such a sweet strike on the reverse, the obverse pic did not open for me so I cannot give an Overton. If the obverse is as nice as the reverse you have one desireable CBH!!

Great buy.

Very nice coin. I have been looking for this marriage and have not been able to see a nice one in a while----yours is a nice one thumbsup2.gif

Hopefully that rim hit isn't too bad in hand.

Nice looking coin. Is there some corrosion between the date and Ms. Liberty, almost looks like the toning is raised bumps which would lead me to think corrosion.

JJ

Hi, JJ

Looking with a five power lens these black "bumps do not show as such. I hope it is not corrosion, perhaps old crust building up over the years. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I appreciate the kind words for this bustie from all of you. grin.gif

The little nick at 12 o'clock is very small in hand. Also this coin has a more dark greyish color to it in hand.

AAJ

Hi, Mozin and everyone.

I bought this CBH as raw and graded VF+++, yes that was the grade on the flip, old school! I graded it at least XF45, perhaps AU 50. Looks like several of you agreed with me. grin.gif

Thank you all for the kind words on my new addition to my CBH collection. cloud9.gif

Mozin, MBA 101 and MikeKing got 1824/4, O-110, wow you people know your OVERTON varieties! 893applaud-thumb.gif

A quick guide on the 1824 over 4, O-110 from the Overton/Parsley 4th edition book.

Obverse: 82 is closer than 18 or 24. Top of the first 4 shows to the left of the final 4.

Reverse: Arrowheads are connected by die defects and the lower ones are solidly joined to shafts above. AME joined solid at base. A small vertical line is at right side of O in OF.

There are few other indicators that involve measurements that are difficult to perform from a picture. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Die marriage OBV. 9, REV. I

AAJ

Alex, I just bought a 1824 O-110a graded EF-40 by ANACS. Though my coin is nice, yours looks like a higher grade coin.