• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanks to JRocco and IGWT for their recent posts on conserving coins

5 posts in this topic

In particular, the "soaking in oil" experiment that JRocco posted, and the "dip residue" discussions that IGWT posted. It's very valuable to me to be able to see some of the conservation process and results.

It almost seems like there ought to be a WYNTK thread where members can post ongoing before-and-after pictures of conserved coins.

Thank you James, I am truly honored.

I have always been impressed and thankful for the help I get from fellow coin collectors. I believe this is not only the "hobby of kings", it is also the "hobby of gentlemen". Giving back any help I can to a fellow collector is not only rewarding, its fun. I want to pass along EVERY coin in my collection to another collector in no worse shape than I obtained it. Non-damaging conservation is almost a duty to a collector.

As for you James, I learn from you on a regular basis and do thank you also for your constant contributions. 893applaud-thumb.gif

BTW – Lou what is that landscape in your signature? I’ve always wondered.

It's a shot looking across Swift Current Lake from the vantage point of the Many Glacier Lodge in Glacier National Park, Montana. Actually, it's a panorama composite of four separate pictures (the wonders of digital photography). Mrs. IGWT and I took a trip to the Canadian Rockies last year (or first trip ever without the chitlins) to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.