• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof Presidential Dollars ???

6 posts in this topic

In anticipation of the Presidential $1 Coin Proof Sets that are scheduled to be released on June 21st. Will these be eligible for Early Release designations? And can they be sent in, in the original US Mint holders? And if so will there be an extra charge for removal of the coins from the original holders?

Thank You for your time.

Unfortunately the Presidential $1 Coin Proof Sets will not receive any special designation but will have the Presidential label. Please do not send these coins in the original US Mint packaging as this will not be returned. You can submit the coins in the sealed plastic capsules, and we do not charge a fee for removal.

Are you recommending airtite kind of capsules, now? Do you still accept or recommend the "coin submission" polyethylene bags.

A couple of more questions. Will multi holders be available for these coins, that will accommodate the edge view, like the single holders I have seen? And if so, can I specify what goes in to a multi holder? For example I plan on sending in 5 sets. And if there is one or more complete set of 70's, have those put in multi holders then the rest in singles. Would I just need to specify this in the additional instructions on the submission form?

Thanks Again.

We recommend that if your coins are already in the air tight capsules it would be safer to ship them in these capsules. If coins are not in air tight capsules we accept them in 2 x 2 non PVC plastic flips. If you prefer to put the coin into a poly bag before placing it into a flip this is also accepted.

We do have an EdgeView Multi-holder for the Mint State Presidential dollars. You would be able to specify which coins you would like placed in a multi-holder and you would make a note of this on your submission form. If you would like the coins placed in a multi-holder based on the grading results, there is an additional handling fee of $5.00 per coin.