• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1930 Jefferson, small zero variety.

4 posts in this topic

I was just browsing at the local coin shop when the owner, who was looking with a loupe at some coins that had recently come into the shop, gave a laughing kind of a snort. I asked him what was up and he mentioned he had a 1930 Jefferson in his hand. Needless to say, that got a chuckle out of me too. He gave me the loupe and the coin. Someone at some point in time had removed the tail from the 9 in 1939, so the date looked like 1930 with a small zero. It was actually quite well done.

Ah well, you just never know what's out there.

Excellent - Would love to have picked that one up for the Jefferson Full Step Nickel Club archives. If you have a chance, post some pics!

Hoot

~laughing~ when I read the title I rolled my eyes...then I looked at who the poster was...immediatly thinking, has SkyMan lost his mind or did he make a typo?

Then, I thought, what's with a small zero on a Jefferson, had I missed something along the lines here...aha, altered coin.

Now you got me to thinking, how come you don't see any Hobo "Jefferson" nickels around?

Hoot, needless to say, I did not buy it, so no pics... sorry.

~...immediatly thinking, has SkyMan lost his mind...?

WJ, what little of it there was to lose, I lost a LONG time ago... wink.gif