• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Anyone Know....

6 posts in this topic

It depends what you are looking for. Many coin shops have used Capital holders that they have taken collections out of and these can be very high quality holders. That is, no scratches or digs. They are also heavily discounted. Also, at the larger shows like ANA, FUN and Baltimore there are Capital holders that are unused and are in bins. These are also heavily discounted. At the last Baltimore show I bought two unused Capital holders for double US Mint Sets and they cost me $1 each.

"At the last Baltimore show I bought two unused Capital holders for double US Mint Sets and they cost me $1 each." shocked.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Makes one wonder what the third party encapsulated services do with all of the holders received from submissions?

They could turn a nice profit if they sold them at a discounted rate.

Actually, I wish that they would return them to the submitter for reuse.

When I submitted to PCGS, I place the encapsulated coin in a 2x2 flip in order to help preserve the coin during shipping w/o incident.