• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morgan PL and DMPL I know you got em let's see some!!

98 posts in this topic

Beautiful Morgans Bob hail.gif

Mine are all raw except for a few. What do you think this 81 will grade?

1795028-Picture047.jpg

1795028-Picture048.jpg

Irvin, your 81-S looks like it could grade MS67 with a full cheek that looks like that. Sweet looking coin thumbsup2.gif

Here's one I love to show off - it's one of my favorite coins. It's the only DMPL I've seen that has die breaks on both sides.

71125415.jpg

71125416.jpg

This 79-S is showing some of the best cameo I have ever come across on a DMPL.

KeyWestCollectionpictures1st013.jpgKeyWestCollectionpictures1st014.jpg

This coin just had to make me utter "WOW"

Nice coin

Thanks MM that was a quick shot really didn't mean to get the display case. 893whatthe.gif

It is a cherry wood display case i got from a dealer close to me. I believe it was made by Eagle. Holds a dozen air-tites.

Thanks Bobby hope you find one that's affordable at the tna show thumbsup2.gif

Good example Rey, I had a very nice one until a tipsy friend dropped it and put a ugly rim dent in it. makepoint.gif Happened about 20 years ago and haven't seen another one until now. thumbsup2.gif

p.s. i dropped the friend too grin.gif

Here's one I bought raw a few years ago for (I think $35). It came back in a PCGS MS65 DMPL holder. The marks on her cheek are really very light and one has to look hard to see them in hand. I was trying to show the deeply mirrored fields in these shots and the cameo does not stand out as well as it does in person.

57716572.jpg

57716573.jpg

There's just something about big ole shiny Morgans that I like. Maybe it's their size and they seem like real money to me. As a teenager I worked on a ranch for two summers and got paid in silver dollars. It just seemed like five silver dollars was some real money in my pocket. Guess I've never gotten over the feeling of working hard all week and getting "real" money to show for it.