• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RISKY BID POST.. please post them here...if you dare !!!!!!

17 posts in this topic

893applaud-thumb.gif hi all thaught i would start a "RISKY BID" Post for all the gamblers out there... so why not post your "risky bids" (and how they turn out) and ones you are not brave enough to take on !!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here you go two of my latest riskys insane.gif

Lot one

listed on eBay uk

Discription from seller:-

One cent 1943, 59x2, 67, 68, 69x5

Five cents 1831, 1893, 1964

Twenty five cents 1893

1793497-e02c_1.jpg1793497-03ab_1.jpg

Lot two

also eBay uk

Discription from seller:-

Two 1922 Peace dollars

1793497-59f1_1_b.jpg

893whatthe.gif would you have had a go 893applaud-thumb.gif

so any one out there brave enough to post there risky bids ???????

1793497-59f1_1_b.jpg.9ee7b2e107ec76b2317b424db299f16f.jpg

We've gotta have scans of the coins after they arrived! Looks like you got a nice Half Dime in the first lot. Can't tell about the rest of the coins though.

My risky bid was a lot of 30 OPA Tokens with no pictures, turns out the lot contained a MM which is about a $10 token. Only paid $13 for the whole lot, and got a WWII era ration pouch to store them in as well.

I will post then even if they are Pants 27_laughing.gif

ps chad its not even the Half dime in the lot which i took the risk on 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

well done on your risky bid you did ok on that lot thumbsup2.gif

ps chad its not even the Half dime in the lot which i took the risk on 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Looks like an Isabella quarter to me... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nicely done!! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Looks like an Isabella quarter to me... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nicely done!! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Are they the size of cents? I've never seen one in person, so I don't know. If that is indeed an Isabella, YOU SUCK!

$350 on eBay:

large.jpg

It had miniscule, out-of-focus pictures and no stated return policy.

Oddly enough, this is a coin today I would never dream of bidding on, but sure am glad I wasn't always so "wise". wink.gif

Have fun...Mike

Dooly,

I don't believe you have an Isabella quarter there as the head is tilted back to far. The Isabella quarter was pretty much a vertical bust of Queen Isabella and the reverese was a kneeling woman of industry. As to the size I do not know.

Mike what is the dollar coin you are showing, I have never seen this particular coin before?

Dooly,

I don't believe you have an Isabella quarter there as the head is tilted back to far. The Isabella quarter was pretty much a vertical bust of Queen Isabella and the reverese was a kneeling woman of industry. As to the size I do not know.

Mike what is the dollar coin you are showing, I have never seen this particular coin before?

It's a gold $1. Very small coin.

Thanks Chad. I have never seen a Princess head $1 big enough to make out the bust before. I thought it was a proof or pattern coin-never thought about gold. You

got one by me Mike(which is not so hard as I'm sure you are aware).

$350 on eBay:

large.jpg

It had miniscule, out-of-focus pictures and no stated return policy.

Oddly enough, this is a coin today I would never dream of bidding on, but sure am glad I wasn't always so "wise". wink.gif

Have fun...Mike

Very nice bit of gold there has to be MS-60 + ? and longacer dubling

seems like a bit of a "risky bid" bargin thumbsup2.gif well done

This was listed as "SUPER RARE 1950 PCI PR68 DCAM FRANKLIN!! $100,000.00". Which I knew it wasn't, However, even with a crappy tilted and angled image, I thought there might be a possibility that it might go 65 Cameo. I ended up paying MS63 money for it. It didn't come back from NGC as Cameo, but did get MS65.

50FrankObv-2.jpg

50FrankRev-2.jpg

Nice coin shame about the cameo rating but it looks full bell lines to me thumbsup2.gif

This was listed as "SUPER RARE 1950 PCI PR68 DCAM FRANKLIN!! $100,000.00". Which I knew it wasn't, However, even with a crappy tilted and angled image, I thought there might be a possibility that it might go 65 Cameo. I ended up paying MS63 money for it. It didn't come back from NGC as Cameo, but did get MS65.

50FrankObv-2.jpg

50FrankRev-2.jpg

That's either the best business strike Franklin in the world, or it's a proof poke2.gif

Results of my risky bid part 1.....

The two 1922 peace dollars came today turned out to be a D & S mint marks (which was nice).. not the best condition BUT .. There could be a Vam on the 22 S

see what you think .. I have looked on the Vam web site but was unable to find this "Rays over Rock".. now this is the first 22 S i have owned and they could all have this on them !!

1796837-%24.jpg

1796837-%24%24.jpg

Normal Rocks !.......................................Ray rocks !

1796837-%24%24%24%24%24.jpg1796837-%24%24%24.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

589a9294750fd_1796837-.jpg.5937abc4521fcd19c13db6c1d9aa6a53.jpg