• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CSNS Final Day Report: Has James lost his mind?

19 posts in this topic

Just a brief note from my visit today at the CSNS. We participated in the YN Treasure Hunt, and the children had a wonderful time. The dealers were all especially nice and friendly to the children, and they even got to take home balloons, expertly crafted by Harry Laibstain's daughter. I have never seen balloons quite like these in all my life.

I did purchase one coin. While I do not usually collect them, there was a 1913 buffalo nickel (Type I) in PCGS MS-67 in JamesEarlyUS's case. (The show was slow enough that I could finally make it through the crowds to his table--I passed on the Doritos wink.gif ) It was a beautiful coin, and I could not believe how inexpensive. When I saw the $150 price tag, I snapped it right up. I am going to crack that baby and put it in my Dansco 7070. 27_laughing.gif

Sagerad just e-mailed me a photo of what James sold to him as a 67:

1913Buff.jpg

Kind of makes you wonder who ripped whom. confused-smiley-013.gif

Sagerad just e-mailed me a photo of what James sold to him as a 67:

Kind of makes you wonder who ripped whom. confused-smiley-013.gif

Horrible photo. sumo.gif

Hoot

PCGS Price Guide says $1,400 in MS67. You ripped a friend. 893naughty-thumb.gif

It was a joke, Lou, for Hoot's benefit. You should know that I would never buy a nickel. makepoint.gif

You mean you didn't e-mail that picture to me? makepoint.gif

On eBay, one ended at $220, and one ended at over $1,000 confused-smiley-013.gif

Both PCGS graded too

May I see a link for the one which ended at $220? That doesn't sound right. Thanks.

When I searched it, it read $220. Then I clicked on the auction - $1,300. Type in MS67 1913 in completed listings, and it will come up. That's where I got the figure from, apparently wrong. sorry.gif

When I searched it, it read $220. Then I clicked on the auction - $1,300. Type in MS67 1913 in completed listings, and it will come up. That's where I got the figure from, apparently wrong. sorry.gif
That's more like it. wink.gif

It was a joke, Lou, for Hoot's benefit. You should know that I would never buy a nickel. makepoint.gif

Counselor, in my life, I have never seen that picture or that nickel before, to the best of my knowledge. confused-smiley-013.gif

Nor do I have your email address. devil.gif

Counselor, in my life, I have never seen that picture or that nickel before, to the best of my knowledge. confused-smiley-013.gif

Nor do I have your email address. devil.gif

Dear Dr. K., I don't know exactly where you live, but finding out would be relativwely easy. devil.gif You and the Attorney should not sleep well. insane.gif

Hoot

relativwely easy

I don't feel too frightened by someone who writes like Elmer Fudd speaks. poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

Hoot yeahok.gif

relativwely easy

I don't feel too frightened by someone who writes like Elmer Fudd speaks. poke2.gif

CORRECTION:

I don't feew too fwightened by someone who wites wike Ewmer Fudd speaks..................siwwy wabbit!

Cwis

Got pics?

insane.gif I've a feeling it resembles this coin:

Hoot 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hoot, it's no problem. I gave Robert a buy-back guarantee of 1100% on the coin. Last night, he told me that if I didn't honor the guarantee, I'd never see that bag of Doritos again. Needless to say, I took him up on his offer.

The only problem is, you now owe me $100, PLUS the Buffalo nickel just to break even.