• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do I find out an error coins worth?

6 posts in this topic

I recently was searching through a roll of the 2004 peace nickels and came across a coin that was missing the "IN" in "IN GOD WE TRUST". I know that it is probably caused by a filed die, but where can one go to find out what the coin is worth. Error coins are usually not my cup of tea but this one seem significant. Can anyone tell me where you can find out what errors there are and what they may be worth? I have all kinds of reference on regular coins and their prices but have never ran across much good reference on error coins. Thanks Christo_pull_hair.gif

Post a photo here to get opinions. Different errors are worth differing amounts.

If it's a legitimate error and you get it slabbed by NGC, PCGS or ANACS, it could be worth a lot to error collectors.

As a general rule filled die errors do not command a premium. The exception is when large amounts of the details are missing because of the fill.