• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can I tell you guys about a dealer in your midst? A Mr MarkFeld....

18 posts in this topic

I know a lot of you guys know this character! I also know there are some newbies around that may not know Mr MarkFeld that well, so I wanted to post a bit about him here.

Well, I have bought some coins from Mr MarkFeld before. He listened to what I wanted and then looked for it when he was cruising the bourse and the auctions. He also added me to his email list for when he gets new inventory (though, often, his coins sell within minutes/hours/or even "pre-listing" (when they are on hold for approval)). He has "made" me spend a few thousands of dollars over the last couple years on nice pieces for our collection.

Oh yeah, when I was crossing some of them over into PCGS plastic, they crossed at the same level, even at a time that people were saying PCGS was being a bit hard. Come on, Mark, can't you make things more difficult for me so I can complain? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Mr MarkFeld has also NOT sent me coins when he looked at them upon receipt and decided they weren't worthy for certain reasons! I mean, here I was, willing to spend hundreds of dollars on a DIME, for petesake, and he won't sell it to me because it isn't up to snuff! Can you believe that! This "dealer" was trying to save me money and aggravation!!!

Then, he has the audacity to politely answer any questions/concerns I have about a coin sent to me on approval. He was quite pleasant the whole time mad.gif

I mean, come on, I thought I was an irritating person....how could he be so nice?

So, anyway, I get the last laugh on him! I am writing him out a check for 2 coins now! Hahhahahaha, Mark! I won't be sending these back, what do you think of that? tongue.gif

For some of you that may take the above too seriously, understand that I have nothing but good to say in dealing with Mark and you all would be quite lucky to deal with someone like him. I've bought lincolns, IHCs, and a Proof Merc from him now and would buy any of them over and over again from him....he's "the bees knees" acclaim.gif

The above post was all done tongue-in-cheek in case you didn't notice (except the last sentence above) headbang.gif

I think most of us know that Mark takes care of his clients and does his customers right. It is always refreshing, however, to hear great testimonials like yours.

I have found Mark impossible to work with. First, he talks me out of at least half of the coins from his inventory on which I make inquiry. Then, he sells some coins for me and will not take enough of a commission. Very difficult indeed. wink.gif

I have found Mark impossible to work with. First, he talks me out of at least half of the coins from his inventory on which I make inquiry. Then, he sells some coins for me and will not take enough of a commission. Very difficult indeed. wink.gif

You should see the ton of money he is making from me on these 2 coins (I didn't ask exact amounts...just wanted to make sure I was ripping him a new one devil.gif and he told me the enormous amount of money he is making......heck, he can go buy TWO lattes instead of only one now)

Mark is from a family with a long recognized history of involvement with coins. My Father knew and dealt with one of his family members who was well known and respected in the coin community while building his collection many years ago. He was a man of integrity, honesty and truly worked with the interest of his clients in mind regardless of which end of the deal it was. In my brief communications with Mark as well as what I have learned of him through these boards and other members I am sure that I will in some degree continue to maintain this family connection with our collection.

I actually find this quite interesting, finding this connection may be a coincidence but it is one that I believe was meant to be.

Just wanted to share this.

Rey

(Mark, do I get my 25% Discount now???) Just Kidding of Course. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Hey, youse guys, don't be gettin' no funny idears about dealing with Mr MarkFeld......I don't needs no more competition when he gets his new goods in, ok?

893naughty-thumb.gif

Mark Feld is as good of a coin dealer as there is....Mike

I told someone at the coin show today that Mark is the perfect coin dealer for collectors who don't like coin dealers.

I haven't made any purchases from Mark yet but from his posts here and the experiences people have posted, I would not hesitate to do so.

I haven't made any purchases from Mark yet but from his posts here and the experiences people have posted, I would not hesitate to do so.

What do you collect?

(if it is the same things I do, then hesitate....I don't need more competition wink.gif )

What do you collect?

(if it is the same things I do, then hesitate....I don't need more competition wink.gif )

Crap 27_laughing.gifwink.gif

You don't have anything to worry about wink.gifthumbsup2.gif

I heard that Mark proved ... the Five-O'Clock shadow on Chuck Norris was really AT !

Of Course , Chuck Norris then killed him with a snap-kick to the head , but brought him back to life right away because he was waiting on a reply from Mark on his post about NT .

....that's what I heard.

Really , a pure fountain of useful information here on the boards , Thanks Mark!