• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey EAC collectors........

5 posts in this topic

I was browsing Ebay yesterday and came across this. I was looking for a coin for my 7070. I have absolutely no experience in grading these, what problems does this coin have and what would the grade be. Was 50 bucks a decent deal for it?

Large Cent

The details on the coin look good...

one concern: the top of the coin is cut off on every picture. Sometimes vendors will do this to hide a rim bump or ding.

I hope I'm wrong...good luck

Unfortunately I didn't get it, I was just watching it. I want to learn a little more about Large Cents before I pull the trigger on one. I did think this was a nice cantidate for a 7070 where if the color was wrong it could mellow out for a few years.

JJ

Decent details...probably close to XF although I can't tell for sure from the out of focus reverse image. I also have a problem with the color. I'm thinking either a dip in Blue Ribbon or MS70 and the coin is beginning to mellow...tough to say from these images. There are quite a few copper gurus on this forum though. Perhaps Hoot, 1798Cent, or Conder could weigh in...they're much more schooled in copper than I.

Leo