• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC black label 20th anniversdary set

5 posts in this topic

I just bought a 20th anniversary 69 set of silver eagles all black label.

Can I resubmit them to get slabbed in a multi holder and keep the black label?

Does the black label differ from another label of NGC?

Is it kind of like first strike?

Forgive my ignorance.

Rob

I just bought a 20th anniversary 69 set of silver eagles all black label.

Can I resubmit them to get slabbed in a multi holder and keep the black label? YES

Does the black label differ from another label of NGC? YES

Is it kind of like first strike? NO

Forgive my ignorance.

Rob

Chris

• Administrator

Chris, please be less wordy in the future.

Thanks,

Arch

wink.gif

Chris, please be less wordy in the future.

Thanks,

Arch

wink.gif

Sorry, Arch! In the past it seems that some of the members preferred more detail rather than just yes or no answers. They wanted to know the "who, what, where, when, why and how". I guess it came to be too troublesome for them and they couldn't hold their train of thought while sifting through all of the ramblings. Later on, it seems that we went back to the "Just because you say it's so, doesn't mean it is!" syndrome. Still, there are those who will tell you, "If I wanted to read War and Peace , I'd buy the book. There must still be adherents of the "KISS" system around here. And so, once again I will make a sincere effort to keep my responses short and to the point. I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused.

Your obedient and forever faithful and true servant,

CPM

I don't believe the black label means anything more special than denoting part of the 20th silver eagle set. The blue label means it was part of the 2 coin gold and silver eagle set and I think the regular gold label is for a coin not part of a set. Not sure about the gold label but the other two I’m sure about (Correct if I'm wrong...). So if you came across a black label MS70 20th anniv silver eagle you would know by the color of the label that it came from the silver 3 coin set as opposed to the 2 coin set (gold and silver). I can’t see why NGC wouldn’t break it open and move them into a single holder for you, but then you may also run the risk of them downgrading … perhaps.