• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this Peace Dollar Please!

12 posts in this topic

I see some hairlines, and slight wear on the eagle and Liberty's hair. Whether or not the hairlines are enough to bag the coin.....I don't know. I will call it 58 downgraded to 55 due to hairlines.

JJ

is it just me or r these the hair lines? im trying to learn more of grading so im asking not rudly pointing smile.gif

1921-2.jpg

ant, yes those are some of the hairlines, but I am not sure those are from cleaning, especially the ones at the top next to the rim. The ones I am looking at are diagonal on her neck and between her neck and the date, with some on her cheekbone. There are also a good bunch in the fields on the reverse. The cleaning is not too bad in the picture, but I would have to see it in hand. I would grade it Net AU-53.

Do not appear to be hairlines but would need to see the coin. Looks like die polishing which appears on many issues. Die polishing does not push a coin from mint state or result in a body bag at a TPG. I would grade the coin MS 63. It is weakly struck however.

Overall a pleasing coin, if you can get over the weak strike.

here is a 21 ngc ms61 i recently baught. i see some things that make me question the grade but makes your 21 look awsome!

1921peaceobv.jpg

1921peacerev.jpg

th1921peaceobv1.jpg

th1921peacerev2.jpg