• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lighting question for my table at the upcoming N.H. Coin Expo...

9 posts in this topic

s there a preference to what type of light bulb to put in my light? Daylight bulbs, 60 watt is my thought. Any other suggestions?

I'm going to have 2 cases. Should I have 2 lights, or will 1 be sufficient?

Thanks!

I'll probably stick to one lamp at the table. The lamp is 60watt max, so I will probably stick to that also. I'll experiment tonight with some different bulbs.

I never paid much attention to what types of bulbs were in dealer's lamps. Probably should have. smile.gif

You might consider halogen. I believe (but am not certain) graders use these because the light is closer to white than normal incandescent bulbs (which have too much yellow) and daylight bulbs (which have too much blue).

Perhaps one of the NGC folks could offer some expert info?

Beijim

Use two lights if you have two cases; there is little worse at a coin show than a dealer with inadequate lighting. Also, and this is terrible to write, use bright lights because they will make your coins look better on the bourse.

i would have two pinpoint haligon lamps on your table at the show

do the right thing 100% all the way or do NOT do it at all

michael

and in this case doing the right thing is an easy, simple no brainer thing to do!

and these lamps will pay for themselves many times over when you use them at home and they help you "see" coins much better

so actually in this case doing the right thing is going to benefit you in the long run

a win win situation

michael

OK, two lights. I'll mess with the wattage. Halogen's are out. I don't like looking at coins with halogens.

Thanks for the replies!