• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for 20th anniv silver eagles

8 posts in this topic

Daniel,

There are only 2 on the bay right now sold as singles. Most of them are sold packaged with the other 70's in the 20th sets.

Does anybody have a feel for when these rev proofs, ms 20th anniversary sets are going to stop going up? It looks like 20 percent of the rev proof and MS coins are coming back 70. From the volume of sets sold on the bay and statistically extrapolating, roughly, there are about 1/3 as many sets encapsulated as not. The rev prf will always be encapsulated as a 20th anniv coin, but the MS only with the unopened package deal... My head hurts....

But I did talk to a local dealer around here in Feb and he said he wasn't selling any of his slabbed 70 coins for quite awhile. I'll have to go back and talk to him.

Dan

Thanks Dan, I sent in an unopened box of 10 sets to be graded by NGC and got more reverse proof 70s and regular proof 70s than I did for my mint states. So now I'm looking for a few MS70s to get complete 70 sets. In fact out of 10 only 1 came back a 70, so I'm thinking of sending them back in for a regrade - you never know one or two may come back as 70s...

You done good. I got 1 for 5 70s on the MS and REV PF, but 3 regular proofs. The rest are 69s. I think NGC uses some sort of black-light to determine if milk spots will form on the MS coins. I do not think they would upgrade.

Dan