• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WLH update! Can you help grade and decide AT or NT ??

20 posts in this topic

I hope ya'll remeber the WLH that I got off ebay a week ago for $10. I had some mixed reactions about it and now I have it in hand. Had to take 2 different pics. The first 2 are straight on and the last is an angled so a better idea of the toning might be percieved. I can't tell NT from AT so your help is appreciated. Also, could you help me with a grade? thanks all!!

1830CBHobvblkbkgrd.jpg

1830CBHrevblkbkgrd.jpg

1943WLHtoned.jpg

Appears NT to me Bobby, and I'm not a WLH person so my grade won't mean much, but I'll attempt it. I would grade this coin EF45. Hope I'm wrong and its higher. It is a nice Walker.

It has the natural progression of colors for a toning silver item. As to whether it was done intentionally, I don't have any wat to tell. Mike (I've recently toned a ASE in similar colors)

I believe it's NT. I think I'd grade it in the AU range because I'm seeing quite a bit of luster. It looks pretty clean. Maybe a 55.

I believe it's NT. I think I'd grade it in the AU range because I'm seeing quite a bit of luster. It looks pretty clean. Maybe a 55.

It has plenty of luster to it.

Still AT

Chad, what makes you think this is AT? What gives that away? The seller said he thought it was album toned. Now remember, I don't know how to tell either way, but looking at the coin in hand, the Obv is real dark blue around the rim, then spreads out to the reddish and goldish colors. The Rev. is light around the rim with a mixture of blue,green, red and gold, and then spreads out to the green, reds, and goldish colors all across the eagle. Just more description for ya to verify either way. thumbsup2.gif

The colors just look too pastel to be real, IMO.

That's the kind of responses I'm looking for Chad cuase I couldn't tell ya one way or the other confused-smiley-013.gif. thanks! thumbsup2.gif

BTW, ya ain't gonna help grade it? 27_laughing.gif

It looks AT to me, and I'll tell ya why. wink.gif

The colors are overlayed on top of the devices. Usually, the toning will go around them causing the color on the devices and the fields surrounding will be different, but this is not the case here.

The colors are also off. I have never seen these colors on a .900 silver coin, although I have seen them on a .999 SAE.

From the pictures I cannot tell weather it is AT or NT. Bobbt bring that one with you to the TNA, and I will offer an opinion! smile.gif

From the pictures I cannot tell weather it is AT or NT. Bobbt bring that one with you to the TNA, and I will offer an opinion! smile.gif

Thought I would, got it next to my franklin! thumbsup2.gif

Looks questionable to me. The coin is attractive, so at the right price I would consider it -- and at $10 you can't really go wrong...Mike