• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nickel shield advertizing card

11 posts in this topic

Hi all just found this can anyone give me some information as to the value..

as you know i like my shields and fancy adding this to my collection

1774213-3894a.jpg1774213-3894b.jpg

hi.gif

1774213-3894b.jpg.9393c81a87df76c61d9ef1dc332f8a83.jpg

I love these old store cards, and find that often you can get them pretty cheap on Ebay. I got one for Hire's root beer medicated powder on Ebay a couple of years ago for $4. I haven't found a catalog, but I would assume some would be worth more or less, but I can almost guarantee that the writing on it would knock the value some. If you like it, buy it.

Advertising Card ephemera pricing varies wildly with the item advertised and condition. it is hard to determine rarity on these -- they may have had 100 printed, could have been several thousand -- no one kept very accurate records.

The writing on this one will deduct some of the value, looks like it may be in pencil and it is pretty light, possible that it could be carefully removed, depending on the quality of the paper. Being color and having a child on it helps the value a little. The corners don't look too abused, the subject matter is a obscure, can't make out the date on the trademark/copyright line at the bottom, of course, the older the better in most cases.

I'd probably say this one falls into the $3 to $6 range... no more than $8 if you are in love with it because of the coin related subject matter.

superb

at a coin show at a speciality shield nick dealers table

easily worth $50+ dollars

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

since this card is rarer than the collectors who want one this is why it is worth around 50 dollars and not 500+ dollars

Hi, dooly

I really like this trade card from the 1860's-80's As a collectibles retailer I would price this trade card with the cool Shield Nickel picture in the $40.00-$60.00 range. thumbsup2.gif

The kid in the ad part of the trade card is getting a bit behind in her work! yay.gif

The arithmetic problem by the coin picture looks like it could be removed, but I wonder why the addition was not completed? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now, one could find it for a few dollars, ah, that would be the thrill of the hunt! smile.gif

AAJ

An Artgum eraser is good for removing old pencil writing on paper. But you might still be able to see where the pencil writing is depending on the pressure the person used when he wrote on the paper.

i luv the knickerbockers that little babee is wearing

while she is washing up for supper

Her name is "Little Mischief" Mike i wonder if this is the predecessor of "Woolite" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif