• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What every collector should have for storing the Collection!

6 posts in this topic

It sure is pretty, but at that price I'll stay with my $450 Map Chest. I'll use the $6500+ that I save and buy more coins.

Chris

It might be cool to have a modern version with a web interface and a scanner (bar code and/or OCR) to read slab serial numbers.

You do a search or filter on the web interface to choose which coins you want and then it pulls just those coins out for you. When you put the coins back, it reads automatically reads the cert numbers and stores the slabs with an updated index. Of course with this system you might have to self-slab to attach a serial number and/or barcode unless it was good enough to recognize the coins themselves from scans.

I'd love to have that cabinet. Of course, I only have enough coins to fill one drawer. Maybe I can swing the purchase price by renting out the drawers I don't need. Or, maybe I could turn it into a coin condominium and sell some of the drawer space. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Lou, don't you mean.................. "Or, maybe I could turn it into a coin condom.........."

You could always peddle them on the street! 27_laughing.gif

It is a beautiful cabinet!

Chris