• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts on this 1832 Bust Half - The Rest Of The Story

23 posts in this topic

I waiting too long and the other one I was looking at got sold OR so the vendor said. I am now looking at this one ...

Thoughts ???

Not my Pictures .. Sorry for the size

1772870-1832.jpg

1772870-1832.jpg.ed21602fa09a1f7d18f4445b68d2232f.jpg

I would walk away fast. If you want a nice raw bustie, why don't you check out

Osburn

He will say in the description if he feels the coin was dipped or wiped or cleaned or tooled or whatever.

Quite a large inventory.

Or JJ Teaparty which has photos.

Mike, that appears to be an O-103 R-1. Yes, I believe it has been dipped, but that doesn't destroy it for me. Still a quality CBH IMHO. Also, I would wonder what the appearance of a die break from the serif of the 2 left base to the edge is for sure, as there are no occurrences I can find of the 23 marriages produced that year. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As you most probably will do, trust your own judgement and go from there.

Good luck.

I am doing the deal on this coin CAUSE I LIKE IT smile.gif ... Not for resale but for my visual pleasure ...

I am trading for this coin with lordmarcovan ATS - I will be putting some $ into it plus my holey coin for this. It may be artificially toned but I like the details and he says the scan is terrible of the coin. His description is as follows

"USA, Capped Bust half dollar, 1832, AU55.

Brighter and more lustrous than picture indicates. The scanner washed out the luster as usual, and exaggerated the golds and browns considerably. The obverse is much whiter than it appears here. The reverse toning is a wild metallic blue/lavender, with the majority of the color also not showing in the scan. While this toning is unnatural, it is semi-attractive, in a bizarre sort of way.

This is a sharp and very handsome coin, despite the AT. I do not know if the toning could be dipped off or not, or if I would even wish to attempt that. It might have been heat-induced. Like I said, this piece looks far better in hand and the colors on the reverse are truly wild looking. If you aren't uptight about AT and want a nice type coin for a Dansco album or something like that, this might be worth taking a chance on." (edited to delete monitary notations)

What is your “holey” coin?

If you paid attention and not ignored my posts all the time you would have seen my Holey octagonal piece acclaim.gif

makepoint.gif

Mikes Holey Piece

Oh yeah I remember that one. I was thinking you could wear it on your charm bracelet.

If you paid attention and not ignored my posts all the time you would have seen my Holey octagonal piece acclaim.gif

makepoint.gif

Mikes Holey Piece

Oh yeah I remember that one. I was thinking you could wear it on your charm bracelet.

Actually I expected a Prince Albert Comment from you hashahahahahahah headbang.gif

makepoint.gif

Mikes Holey Piece

Actually I expected a Prince Albert Comment from you hashahahahahahah headbang.gif

Well if it makes you feel any better, I was thinking along those lines and just didn’t know how to water it down for the forum. tongue.gif

I do not think it's a horrible coin at all. It appears to be worth a small discount off of AU price.

Everybody hates it .. so it makes me like it more. Thanks James

I can't wait to see it in hand and take some Quality FOTOS to see how it looks

as compared to the scan.

Everybody hates it .. so it makes me like it more.

Great strategy thumbsup2.gif

Why Thank you Kind Sir .. cloud9.gif

The Bust Half Dollar is certainly an improvement over the holey coin you are trading. If you are happy with the Bustie, as LordMarcovan described, that is what counts.

I do not think it's a horrible coin at all. It appears to be worth a small discount off of AU price.

Everybody hates it .. so it makes me like it more. Thanks James

I can't wait to see it in hand and take some Quality FOTOS to see how it looks

as compared to the scan.

I never said your coin looks horrible. I said it looked like it had been dipped. In hand it might look great and it does have AU details. thumbsup2.gif

I don’t know. I still see this as trading in one problem coin for another. Cut your loses on your bracelet charm and find an original CBH that you can be proud of. Much better to have an original CBH in the EF or VF range than a dipped-out and ATd CBH in the AU range.

I don’t know. I still see this as trading in one problem coin for another. Cut your loses on your bracelet charm and find an original CBH that you can be proud of. Much better to have an original CBH in the EF or VF range than a dipped-out and ATd CBH in the AU range.

You know Winnie all I here from you lately is BLAH BLAH BLAH ... hehe