• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a reason we can't edit our posts indefinitely on the NGC boards?

Would you like to eliminate the time limit on post editing on these boards?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to eliminate the time limit on post editing on these boards?

13 posts in this topic

...because it is an incredibly useful feature across the street, particularly in the buy / sell / trade forum. Perhaps there's a reason why they don't let us over here.

No. You posted your words, so stick to them.

It's annoying when peole go back after long periods of time and edit out their posts. You have several days here to edit your post.

It's annoying when peole go back after long periods of time and edit out their posts. You have several days here to edit your post.

I agree with Greg. There's ample time to edit and delete posts already. After a few days, there's no reason to change anymore. Deleting posts out of a thread long after the fact also makes it difficult to follow when only one person does it.

I'll grant that in the case of general posts. I find it very useful to be able to edit "for sale" posts indefinitely ATS, though. I'm able to note when an item is on hold or sold, change the price if it's not selling, even add new pictures as people request them - all in the original post. Makes it a lot less confusing than having to read 12 posts down to see that the item you want has been sold.

i would like the edit my posts.........

this would be a huge improvement

OR AT THE VERY LEAST NO TIME LIMIT FOR EDITING THE BUY SELL TRADE POSTS

this is the best most important thread on here

i hope ngc responds

scott schechter ngc director of marketing please kindly do something about this thumbsup2.gif

Editing the B/S/T forum posts would be a bad idea. It would allow people to edit grades of the coins being sold or sold and open up the potential for abuse.

Right now you have 7(?) days to edit a post. Who needs longer?

I agree that posts should be edit-able indefinitely. Perhaps after a certain time limit, the stamp could be required showing that the post was edited, but as a general rule, I think the statute of limitations stinks.

Where I find it most appropriate is when false or incorrect data is inadvertently posted in a thread and continues to show up in Google searches, etc. This is an obvious case where it would be beneficial to be able to remove or correct the erroneuos information.

Editing the B/S/T forum posts would be a bad idea. It would allow people to edit grades of the coins being sold or sold and open up the potential for abuse.

Right now you have 7(?) days to edit a post. Who needs longer?

I've never seen that to be a big problem ATS. They seem to do a lot more business than we do here anyway. I still think that the benefits (updating sold items, updating prices, adding requested photos) outweighs the one or two people who might abuse it in some way. confused-smiley-013.gif

NGC has a window that is more like 56 hours, I believe, not a week.

thumbsup2.gif

I agree that posts should be edit-able indefinitely. Perhaps after a certain time limit, the stamp could be required showing that the post was edited, but as a general rule, I think the statute of limitations stinks.

Where I find it most appropriate is when false or incorrect data is inadvertently posted in a thread and continues to show up in Google searches, etc. This is an obvious case where it would be beneficial to be able to remove or correct the erroneuos information.

Perhaps people should be more careful the first time they post. Typically, when false or incorrect data is inadvertently posted is there any effort by the posters to verify what they are posting or are they just posting without verification and leaving it up for days?

I still think the freeze is a good thing and if people think twice before posting information that isn't backed up by facts or that they aren't willing to stand behind the first time around, that's a good thing too.

Guys, let's stipulate for the moment that the editing freeze is reasonable for regular posting.

What about, as I mentioned before, the Money Marketplace? I still say that being able to edit those posts is useful for a number of reasons and the freeze should be lifted from that forum.